NSV/Lightbulb Moment

Options
I still have a way to go weight loss wise but today I had one of those moments where I realised my thought processes are changing so something MUST be working!

It's my hubbys birthday tomorrow and I have spent the morning running around getting some last minute bits for him and it was one of thise mornings where everything I needed seemed to be in different places so there was a lot of running around.

I was just coming to the end of my errands and was wondering what I could have as a treat and before I knew it my brain was wandering down the fastfood path and choosing which one to have. Then from out the blue I realsised that was NOT a treat and if anything that was just abusing my body for running around all day.

Why would I want to make myself feel sicky and sluggish and bloated and tired for the rest of the day? That is not treating myself!

For the first time in my life I have realised that treating myself means feeding my body with good nourishing food that will sustain me and make me feel good and energised, and treating myself also means being kind to myself and looking after me....................with maybe the odd handbag and pair of boots thrown in for good measure.!

Replies

• KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
    A big change is made up of lots & lots of small decisions. Just like this!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I'm still working on this mindset, too. My favorite expression for that is: Don't reward yourself with food, you're not a dog! It's so easy for me to treat food as a reward, I've slipped back into that several times, including when I started working out again recently. Give yourself something else for a treat. Something that doesn't have calories in it!
  • joydayval
    Options
    Good job! You are definitely embracing the changes!
  • slimintraining
    slimintraining Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I'm still working on this mindset, too. My favorite expression for that is: Don't reward yourself with food, you're not a dog! It's so easy for me to treat food as a reward, I've slipped back into that several times, including when I started working out again recently. Give yourself something else for a treat. Something that doesn't have calories in it!

I did give myself something non food as a reward, it was the cutest little fairy decoration for my Christmas tree!! lol
  • irishcanadianwoman
    Options
    Thank you for this wonderful post.
    I think you should be very proud of yourself. What a great NSV!
    Inspiring!
  • farmboyphotography
    farmboyphotography Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    You are on your way! Good job.

Maybe you are like me. I avoid most junk food because it is like turning on a light switch. When I eat junk food, it makes me crave more of it, and not just today. It makes me crave it day after day. So I have to make the right choices to stop eating all the junk food and to not keep it in my house. If junk food is readily accessible, I am going to eat it and stray off-track. Once I do that, my motivation slips and then I wonder why I am posting on MFP and does it matter if my log isnt accurate? Like your fast-food NSV, it is all about making smart choices. And to me, it looks like you have figured out one of the big obstacles to getting fit and feeling great.

Congrats on making this smart decision. You can be as fantastic as you want to be. Even when you aren't feeling it, just keep looking at the end goal and how great you look and feel! Good luck!
  • irisic
    irisic Posts: 55
    Options
    Congrats!!! Gotta love the mind change, keep it up doll
  • Aehisme
    Aehisme Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    An inspiring message and so very true. ( I love a nice christmas dec) :happy:
  • slimintraining
    Options
    You are on your way! Good job.

Maybe you are like me. I avoid most junk food because it is like turning on a light switch. When I eat junk food, it makes me crave more of it, and not just today. It makes me crave it day after day. So I have to make the right choices to stop eating all the junk food and to not keep it in my house. If junk food is readily accessible, I am going to eat it and stray off-track. Once I do that, my motivation slips and then I wonder why I am posting on MFP and does it matter if my log isnt accurate? Like your fast-food NSV, it is all about making smart choices. And to me, it looks like you have figured out one of the big obstacles to getting fit and feeling great.

Congrats on making this smart decision. You can be as fantastic as you want to be. Even when you aren't feeling it, just keep looking at the end goal and how great you look and feel! Good luck!

I don't keep anything like that in the house anymore either. I get into what I camm Shark mode where if I know its there I have to eat until it's gone. I bake for my family now because I know whats going into it and once I have spent the day baking I can't stand the sight of another cupcake or biscuit so I don't eat any of it. (it has also saved a lot of money).

I have always expected failure and for the first time I am predicting and expecting success.
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Congrats, that is truly something to be excited about!
  • slimintraining
    Options
    Thanks people, it is really lovely to get such encouragement and today has made a real imperssion on me.
  • HelenDootson
    HelenDootson Posts: 443 Member
    Options

I did give myself something non food as a reward, it was the cutest little fairy decoration for my Christmas tree!! lol

Perfect :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!