can't lose weight

Options
Okay i've been dieting "seriuosly" since 17 september but sometimes i had dinners with family,had some junk food during this almost two months but after burned everything in workouts.It was a bad week last week i neglected diet a little bit i had a little bit more junk than my standard routine,had a little bit of alcohol and so on. After that i felt horrible and i've been working on my diet again and even with more motivation but i've noticed that now i'm kinda stuck on 59 kilos and it's a little complicated to go under that weight.I don't what to think i mean i don't know if it'me eating a lot or too few cause my daily calories are 1200-1300 or more if i exercise but most of times my net calories are even under 1000.I'm worried ,don't know what to think and what to do.what if my body is in starvation mode?

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    One you don't have much if anything to lose... but how tall are you? Also, if you are exercise, you need more calories than 1200-1300.. it probably should be more like 1700-1900 and that is why your body is preventing you from losing weight. The other option, if your body might not want to lose weight since you are probably a healhty range. At this point, you either need to cut fat (small calorie deficit and heavy weight training) or need to look into gaining muscle (small surplus and heavy weight training).

Also, what is your exercise routine?
  • Amb_er100
    Options
    i'm tall 167 cm and actually don't have any fitness routine i' mean have hula hop sessions,zumba,a lot of walking and some specific exercise
  • psuLemon
    Options
    i'm tall 167 cm and actually don't have any fitness routine i' mean have hula hop sessions,zumba,a lot of walking and some specific exercise

Try eating 1600 calories total daily. On days you do zumba, bump that up to 1800-1900. The biggest thing I can suggest is start weight training 3 days a week if you can. This will help fat loss. But you are in a healhty range so weight loss might be hard. Also, adjust your macro's to 35% carbs, 40% protein and 25% fats. Protein will help maintain your muscle and metabolic rate.
  • Amb_er100
    Options
    actually i exercise almost 7 days a week ,i'm really focused on achieving my goals and sometimes i also go biking and stuff but i'll try it!thanks
  • kjheimerl
    Options
    I too am frustrated. I have been doing weight watchers for 5 weeks and have not lost a single pound. I also workout a minimum of 4x/week. I am now back to my fitness pal to see if that will work! So frustrating! Hang in there! Something is bound to happen, right?
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more when your working out so hard!! Your body need more fuel to run right. Eat good healthy foods. It's fine to eat a treat now & then...but sometimes it's hard to get back on track after you do.
    Make sure you weigh & measure your food....another key is drinks tons of water....it will really help you.
  • Amb_er100
    Options
    i drink a lot during the day and yes i'm gonna try to eat more and healthy
  • its2fun
    its2fun Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How much water are you drinking? I agree with others that you may need to up your calories, stay hydrated and more important than total calories, focus on a healthy balanced diet. If you have cut out all fat, you may want to look at incorporating healthy fats (olive oil, coconut oil, fish, etc.) For water, drink 1/2 of your weight in ounces. If you are not eating a lot of green vegetables, consider adding some.

Most importantly - forget about last week. Think about today! Be good to your body, because it loves you!
  • Amb_er100
    Options
    thank you so much really it keeps me really motivated but btw i drink like 2/2.5 lt of water a day .I drink a lot also in winter time
  • psuLemon
    Options
    actually i exercise almost 7 days a week ,i'm really focused on achieving my goals and sometimes i also go biking and stuff but i'll try it!thanks

If you workout 7 days a week, cut it to 5-6. It's just as important to rest and recovery as it is to workout. if you workout too much, you can cause constant fatigue and will be more prone to injury. Also, the numbers I ran were only based on exercising a few days a week. I would suggest eating 1800-1900 calories daily.
  • Amb_er100
    Options
    would i still loose weight ?
  • psuLemon
    Options
    would i still loose weight ?

Yes, most women I design calorie plans for are 1700-2100. You are active and young, so you will require more calories than someone who is old and inactive. If the estimates are right, you are burning well over 2000 calories. Do yourself a favor and try 1800 calories for a month to see if you have more energy and lose a few lbs. The biggest help will be when you start heavy weight lifting.