2:00 to 4:00 Hunger Strike

Options
I find myself getting very hungry between 2 and 4 pm. It's after lunch, but before dinner. So far I have not found a healthy snack that will curb the hunger pangs. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I've tried:
Stivia
100 calorie packs - various types
Various fruits

Nothing seems to satisfy and I end up overeating!

Replies

• Sondrasr
    Options
    I love the del monte very cherry no sugar added fruit cup. I can eat the whole can for 100 calories and it curbs my sweet tooth. Hope that helps.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I always have a chobani 0% fat greek yogurt between 3:30 and 4 and it holds me over til dinner!
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    How about you shift some of your calories to around that time instead?
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Something with protein and healthy fats.

I'd go for a greek yogurt or a serving of nuts. Almonds almost always seem to do the trick for me. Just watch your intake.
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    PROTEIN. seriously. some deli meat, yogurt, turkey jerkey. something packed with protein, it'll get you through the hump without a sugar crash.
  • Katbody10
    Katbody10 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I'll have a whole green or red bell pepper with a bit of salt lightly dusted over it .. or instead of salt .. I'll have a bit of hummus with it .. Yumm .. quite filling too!

Also .. I have to agree with packing in the protein .. nuts/seeds can help there too! Load up on proteins during lunch and other foods that will leave you feeling full .. A large hard boiled egg is only 70 calories .. eating 1 or 2 of those will certainly extend your feeling of fullness!
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I'm hungry at that time of day too. I don't really eat much dinner so I brought up my calorie amounts and let myself eat a meal at that time and a snack later. If that doesn't work for you, something high in protein should do the trick. I like carrots with hummus. Tasty, filling, and keeps you going.
  • Lady_Lamb
    Lady_Lamb Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I usually drink a coffee around that time. I have the same problem.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    how many calories are you at when you get hungry, and how many do you have left for the rest of the day? if you open up your diary we can take a look and see if we can help ya out. depending how many calories you have to spare, quick oats are very filling and a half cup is 140cals, you can sweeten it with some fruit or no calorie stevia sweetener
  • cindybowcut
    cindybowcut Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    try:
    a banana with 1tbsp peanut butter
    a small apple with 10 almonds
    yoplait 100 calorie greek yogurt
    hard boiled egg and cucumber slices (90 calories)
    100 calorie popcorn
  • Pnknlvr96
    Pnknlvr96 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'll have a Yoplait light yogurt and an apple, or today I had an apple, a piece of light string cheese, and a dark chocolate Hershey's Nugget. I've found that plenty of water also helps a bit. I try to eat my snack between 3:30 and 4:00.
  • TammiBrewer
    TammiBrewer Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your responses. I am going to give a few of the ideas a try.
    how many calories are you at when you get hungry, and how many do you have left for the rest of the day?

By that time I usually have 500 to 600 calories left for the day. My daily allowed calorie intake is 1670