I QUIT DIET COKE... WANT TO EAT EVERYTHING...

Options
I have been trying to quit diet coke and so far have succeeded but I am having a problem where I want to everything in my path. Is this normal? How can I distract myself?

kcoliver10

Replies

• Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    A high sugar consumption has been linked to 'cravings' for more sugar. Since you have cut out the Diet Coke but have replaced it with alternate forms of sugar..(syrup, cookies, nutty bars, milk) your cravings are not going to subside. In order to cut the cravings for sugar you need to eat less sugar.
  • Shelle68
    Shelle68 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Another thought is that it could be emotional eating. When we feel deprived of something, that part of our senses wants it reache out for anything and everything. My suggestion is to stay busy, eat high protein-low carb items to curve any sugar related cravings and stay the course. Drinks tons of water too!

You can do it!
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    the fake sugars in diet coke work just like real sugars. they trick your brain into thinking you are hungrier than you are. by drinking diet cokes all day long, you kept feeding that craving. no that you've stopped the cokes, you still have the craving, but are no longer feeding it, so your body is asking for food instead. drink more water and give it another week or two, the cravings will go down. you are just used to the fake sugar. try and limit sugars overall to reduce cravings.

also may i suggest that next time you feel like a diet coke or snack and it's not time, why not make yourself a cup of tea or have unsweetened iced tea?