That moment when....

Options
You are working out hard and you see it start to build.. that bead of sweat that's hanging on your eyelash.. Then out of the corner of your eye you see it fly away, like it's in slow motion, and hit the floor with a big splat..

I know that's kind of weird but I used to be grossed out when I saw sweaty people at the gym with sweat flying off them as they worked out. I also hated how I felt when I'd sweat, if I ever did. Now I love the feeling, knowing that I'm getting in an awesome workout and getting closer to my healthy goals!

Replies

• sallywilson06
    sallywilson06 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    It's a pretty great feeling.. I always know I have had a good workout when I get done and my shirt is completely soaked. It's pretty gross.. but soo worth it..lol
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    It's a pretty great feeling.. I always know I have had a good workout when I get done and my shirt is completely soaked. It's pretty gross.. but soo worth it..lol
    Yes! That too! People stare at me but I don't care. I'm proud of it now! lol
  • Hippie_Mom_4_Life
    Options
    That is the greatest feeling ever!!! I know exactly how ya feel!!! Your pushing yourself and you can see and feel it working!! :bigsmile:
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I'm a jock from way back so sweating to me feels like I've done good workout. For a while I was even gauging how good my workout was depending on soaked my shirt was.
  • JenJen0932
    JenJen0932 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Remember - sweat is fat crying!
  • cravingskinnybody
    cravingskinnybody Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    This feeling is so amazing! and gets me in a happy mood :)
  • MachellePhillips
    MachellePhillips Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I love the way people stare in disbelief, that a person would work that hard.
  • IronDame
    IronDame Posts: 275
    Options
    The sweat always gets in my damn eye, best burn ever!
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I used to feel exactly like you did.

I LOVE feeling the sweat drip down my neck, it lets me know I'm working it :)
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I don't feel like I'm working out until the sweat starts pouring down. It is a great feeling!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I was running my butt off on the treadmill one day, I stepped off after I was done and went to get some water. Caught a look in the mirror, I was all red-faced and looked like someone had pulled me out of a warzone. One of the trainers (whom I'd never met) came up, grinned, and told me 'Good job'

So I aim for that look now.
  • madworld1
    Options
    Speaking of sweat, yesterday I looked like I had just gotten out of the shower. There were beads of sweat on my shoulders. So weird. I am used to sweating when I run. But, I must have been holding on to hella water the night before. I love a good, sweaty workout though.
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Love that moment. Don't however enjoy when sweat from the person on the treadmill next to me gets on me....yuck.
  • Wyoruby
    Wyoruby Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm sitting here right now after a great workout and have sweat dripping off of my hair!!
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I like the feel of....wait, what?
  • pa_cornpone
    pa_cornpone Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    That is my page title... If you ain't sweating, you ain't doing it right!