Sports Bra

Options
Can anyone recommend good sports bras?

Replies

• minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    seems like I saw this thread just a few days ago... regardless... depends on your build. I'm a top heavy girl and I have tried quite a few styles and brands and found that under armour makes a bra style vice grip in my size that keeps me held secure so I can run without jiggle. I would however recommend finding a sports store in your area asking a sales clerk for help, tell the clerk what sort of exercise you need it for and get help with fit if you need it, they will let you try on several and don't be afraid of the price if you need it, you need it.
  • quiltergirlar
    quiltergirlar Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Yes, we've had this subject before. My favorite is the Moving Comfort Fiona bra.

Tammy
  • NoahandPresleysMom
    NoahandPresleysMom Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    If u go to amazon.comu can get some awesome Nike ones that work super well
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I am pleasantly surprised by my new Old Navy one. It's the only one I've found that has a little tiny layer of padding that hides any um, cold weather effects. I got the Medium (I'm a B cup and 34 band normally) and it's perfect. I'm going to grab a couple more.
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Champion (can be found in Target)
  • juliaamilee
    juliaamilee Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Underarmor compression bras are awesome....
  • taffies
    taffies Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Champion from Target is really good.
  • Scottish_charlene_84
    Options
    CANNOT beat a shock absorber imo. They r expensive but soo worth it. Im quite heavy chested and i do no move an inch when im running
  • nickie1269
    Options
    I wear a 36D and really like the Moving Comfort Fiona bra. But it is really going to depend on your build. Having a large cup size I find that I need the latch and hook bras to hold the girls in.
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Champion (can be found in Target)

Target sports bras ROCK
  • mkgraz
    mkgraz Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm a 34D. I like Fiona by Moving Comfort. It has velcro adjustable straps and hook closure in back. Good coverage and holds you in well. A little pricey, but lasts a long time.
  • beckyboop712
    beckyboop712 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Athleta or title nine

I've always wanted to buy one from those two places but didn't want to put the money into it until I lose more weight.
  • tpop917
    tpop917 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you need. High impact? Size, etc.

I use Fiona Moving Comfort, 36C. They are great for high impact.

I went to a sports bra fitting and found out some really interesting things about breasts as well as the sports bras we should be using. If you can find a running store that has one of these opportunities, I highly recommend it.

Many local stores do this kind of thing.
  • valeriebpdx
    valeriebpdx Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort Sera II if you are looking for one that will not chafe at any distance (running). If you've got big boobs, follow one of the other ladies' advice. Can't help ya there.
  • SASSYnCHICago
    SASSYnCHICago Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I wear a 36D and really like the Moving Comfort Fiona bra. But it is really going to depend on your build. Having a large cup size I find that I need the latch and hook bras to hold the girls in.

Gonna try this. I got the Champion target/sears brand and it is good because there isn't any additional padding material, as I just don't understand why many companies insist on added this to "D-Cup" - like we really need more!!
    I'm a 34 D and it's hard to locate supportive bra's so some times (less times now as I was a 38DD) I double up.

Good Luck,
    (off to Amazon or Zappo's I go to try this Fiona bra).
  • daniellealys
    daniellealys Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    i just buy cheap ones at target and wear 2 at a time. Yeah, I wash bras a lot! LOL I wear 38DD so I am top heavy for sure.
  • thefithuntress
    Options
    I'm a 34D. I like Fiona by Moving Comfort. It has velcro adjustable straps and hook closure in back. Good coverage and holds you in well. A little pricey, but lasts a long time.

BUMP! :) I run, do yoga, and bike ride. I needed a GREAT bra that could keep me strapped in. As a 36D the Moving Comfort Luna bra is the only one that works for me. You don't have to layer. It's a great investment. Just spend the money once instead of buying loads of cheap crummy bras.
  • CaptChad75
    Options
    Now that I got rid of my moobs I find them irritating and irrelevant.
  • Sibby123
    Options
    Agh yes I would need one that goes up to a G :) that's why I posted my own thread about it.
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I have only just replied to this thread because I only just got to try out my new sports bra out last night. I bought a brand new Lonsdale one. It is very comfy, and it certainly keeps your pair in! Stops a lot of shock too, although there are probably better out there but I'm not fussy. I am a 34E so I was quite surprised when I found that you could get a brand like that in such a big size. I have definitely seen a lot of G fits out there too. Amazon are pretty good, but so are eBay. A lot of people see them on there because they've bought them, and not actually used them.