Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred Results

Options
I own all but 2 of her newer workout dvds and really should be in better shape than I currently am....but I'm getting there.

I did 30 day shred last year and ripped in 30 and have continued incorporating the workouts since. Sometimes even doing the ENTIRE DvD at one time (which if you do this - SUGGESTION: start with the highest level and work down. That way the easiest level is LAST)

Recently a friend of mine on here saw that I was doing her Shed & Shred DVD
jillian_michaels_125.jpg
and asked what I thought of it compared to the 30 day shred and really Ripped in 30

This last week I did each level of 30 day shred
Jillian-Michaels-30-Day-Shred-B00127RAJY-L-283x400.jpg
Currently I am 5'5" and 155lbs

Monday: Level 1 - Burned 230 Calories
Since I've done this level SO many times, I used 8-10lbs weights for the strength portion and 5lbs weights during the cardio
I did regular pushups (didn't drop to my knees) and really tried to push myself as hard as I could
My HRM (Heart Rate Monitor) breaks up my workout into 3 intensity levels and each level was about equal

Tuesday: Level 2 - Burned 249 Calories
Used my heavier weights for strength and added lighter weights for cardio
Half the workout was level 3 intensity

Wednesday: I didn't do a Jillian workout - took my daughter trick or treating

Thursday: Level 3 - Burned 262 Calories
This level has more to do with Plyometrics for the cardio and using more of your body weight
Circuit 2 cardio, she already has you add your weights
Half the workout was level 3 intensity and the other half split equally between level 1 & 2

Tonight I'll start Ripped in 30 and get the results of each level for that like I did with this one.

For beginners, I think this is a GREAT DvD. You can easily modify to make it easier or harder but either NOT using weights or increasing the weights you do use. Doing multiply levels is another way to get a harder workout as well. You could easily burn over 600-700 calories if you did the whole hour!
No the levels aren't just 20mins - averaged 26-27 mins - still that's a pretty could burn for under 30mins and not only are you getting your cardio burn but strength.

I hope this helps anyone looking to do this dvd and I'll be posting a Ripped in 30 Topic on Monday with those results

Replies

• miffanytiller
    miffanytiller Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This may be a silly question to ask, but how do you calculate calories burned? I've been doing the 30 day shred this week (did it twice with Zumba 3 times this week). Thanks.
  • neryb1085
    Options
    how many times a week do you do the dvd? i have the same one 30 day shred and also trouble zone. i need motivation to get up earlier every morning to do the exercises. i usually start my week good but than with work full time and a grad student i am tired by the end of the week and how is your diet?
  • alimounce
    alimounce Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I own all but 2 of her newer workout dvds and really should be in better shape than I currently am....but I'm getting there.

I did 30 day shred last year and ripped in 30 and have continued incorporating the workouts since. Sometimes even doing the ENTIRE DvD at one time (which if you do this - SUGGESTION: start with the highest level and work down. That way the easiest level is LAST)

Recently a friend of mine on here saw that I was doing her Shed & Shred DVD
    jillian_michaels_125.jpg
    and asked what I thought of it compared to the 30 day shred and really Ripped in 30

This last week I did each level of 30 day shred
    Jillian-Michaels-30-Day-Shred-B00127RAJY-L-283x400.jpg
    Currently I am 5'5" and 155lbs

Monday: Level 1 - Burned 230 Calories
    Since I've done this level SO many times, I used 8-10lbs weights for the strength portion and 5lbs weights during the cardio
    I did regular pushups (didn't drop to my knees) and really tried to push myself as hard as I could
    My HRM (Heart Rate Monitor) breaks up my workout into 3 intensity levels and each level was about equal

Tuesday: Level 2 - Burned 249 Calories
    Used my heavier weights for strength and added lighter weights for cardio
    Half the workout was level 3 intensity

Wednesday: I didn't do a Jillian workout - took my daughter trick or treating

Thursday: Level 3 - Burned 262 Calories
    This level has more to do with Plyometrics for the cardio and using more of your body weight
    Circuit 2 cardio, she already has you add your weights
    Half the workout was level 3 intensity and the other half split equally between level 1 & 2

Tonight I'll start Ripped in 30 and get the results of each level for that like I did with this one.

For beginners, I think this is a GREAT DvD. You can easily modify to make it easier or harder but either NOT using weights or increasing the weights you do use. Doing multiply levels is another way to get a harder workout as well. You could easily burn over 600-700 calories if you did the whole hour!
    No the levels aren't just 20mins - averaged 26-27 mins - still that's a pretty could burn for under 30mins and not only are you getting your cardio burn but strength.

I hope this helps anyone looking to do this dvd and I'll be posting a Ripped in 30 Topic on Monday with those results

HOW DO YOU CALCULATE YOUR CALORIES BURNT. I'VE FOUND A CALCULATION ONLINE BUT WONDERED HOW YOU KNOW, SINCE YOU AND I ARE VERY CLOSE IN WEIGHT AND HEIGHT. THE CALCUATION I FOUND (ON JILLIAN MICHAELS WEBSITE ACTUAL) SUGGESTS THAT I WOULD ONLY BURN 110 CALS IN LEVEL 1 ...SEEMS LOW, WHAT DO YOU THINK?! (SORRY ABOUT CAP LOCK)
  • sbermud
    sbermud Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I USE HRM and get 250-265 calories burned.
  • AckieJ
    AckieJ Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I used that calculation and found I only burn 160 level 1. So I've been using that since. I really need to get a HRM that tells me how much I'm burning. :indifferent: