BODY PUMP?

Options
has anyone tried "Body Pump" before? Just wondering cause we are getting classes for that at my ymca and I heard it gives good results.

Replies

• sheaz85
    sheaz85 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I tried it this weekend. It is INTENSE. It doesn't feel like you're doing a whole lot because it's low weight/high repetition but it will make your whole body sore. Great workout and if you push hard you can burn close to 500 calories an hour! I would highly recommend it.
  • BeautifulBetsy
    BeautifulBetsy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    If it's anything like the class they offer at goodlife, then it's amazing!!!! I've been going twice a week for 4 weeks now, and already my arms are getting buffer and my legs and butt are definately stronger.

Warning though, first class will cripple you, so keep the weights light, just the movement alone is a workout.
    Good luck!
  • NiagaraCheryl
    NiagaraCheryl Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I loved Body Pump. I can't do it anymore due to shoulder issues (holding the barbell across the back/neck wasn't a good thing for me). However, over the 2 years I attended the class, I saw remarkable improvement in the amount of weight I could handle. It's an hour long so you're not doing really heavy weights.

If you get the chance, try it out. It will have you sweating in no time.