What are the healthiest granola bars or breakfast bars?

Options
There are sooo many out there Im lost in them- which ones are low cal that do not make you hungry? Or which ones are great for Breakfast?

Replies

• nari202
    Options
    I like the Nature Valley ones. I think they're pretty healthy, although they do have a bit of sugar. They keep me satiated and they aren't too many calories.
  • angiechimpanzee
    angiechimpanzee Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Luna Bars. Clif Bars. Kashi GoLean protein bars. Larabars.

The common ones - Nature's Valley, Nutrigrain, Special K - are amongst the worst at keeping you full. They're mostly just sugar and carb. The ones I listed have a significant amount of fiber & protein, & that'll keep you satiated for longer.
  • nari202
    Options
    I looked up the differences between the brands you mentioned. They actually all have around the same amount of carbs per serving size. Nature Valley bars are only an extra 10 calories compared to Luna Bars and they actually have 1 gram LESS sugar than Luna Bars.
  • angiechimpanzee
    angiechimpanzee Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I looked up the differences between the brands you mentioned. They actually all have around the same amount of carbs per serving size. Nature Valley bars are only an extra 10 calories compared to Luna Bars and they actually have 1 gram LESS sugar than Luna Bars.
    Yes, but the amount of protein & fiber in Nature Valley bars is only half of that present in Luna Bars. And those are the macros that make a bar even worth eating. Otherwise it'll just go right through you.

Nature Valley Bar in Oats & Honey
    180 Calories
    2 grams fiber
    4 grams protein

Luna Bar in Caramel Nut Brownie
    180 Calories
    4 grams fiber
    9 grams protein
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    There are sooo many out there Im lost in them- which ones are low cal that do not make you hungry? Or which ones are great for Breakfast?

Luna bars, cliff bars, lara bars and zone perfect bars.
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I like Quest Bars. They come in a variety of flavors. Look on their website.
  • Pandasarecool
    Pandasarecool Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Cliff Mojo bar, white chocolate macadamia nut is my favorite for a on the go breakfast!
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Yes, but the amount of protein & fiber in Nature Valley bars is only half of that present in Luna Bars. And those are the macros that make a bar even worth eating. Otherwise it'll just go right through you.

Nature Valley Bar in Oats & Honey
    180 Calories
    2 grams fiber
    4 grams protein

Luna Bar in Caramel Nut Brownie
    180 Calories
    4 grams fiber
    9 grams protein

Luna bars win, lol!
    Buut, I have nature valley granola bars every now and then, I consider them more like a treat/cookie though. I am aware that they have a lot of sugar and not too much fiber /protein. They give me a boost before a workout. I would suggest you not keeping them as a meal, because they won't work well. Try some protein and good carbs. Or, have an egg on the side with a granola bar... I guess whatever works for you @The OP
  • girllovedcupcakes
    girllovedcupcakes Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Nature Valley - Protein Chewy Bar Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate

Calories 190
    Protein 10 g
    Total Carbs 14 g
    Sugars 6 g

Sodium 170 mg
    Total Fat 12 g
    Potassium 0 mg
    Saturated 4 g
    Polyunsaturated 1 g
    Dietary Fiber 5 g
    Monounsaturated 7 g
    Trans 0 g
    Cholesterol 0 mg
    Vitamin A 0% Calcium 2%
    Vitamin C 0% Iron 8%
  • Marksman21
    Marksman21 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I kinda fell in love with "Fiber One - Chocolate & Oats". Good for a fast grab and munch.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    You can also make your own! Banana oatmeal bars mmmm :)
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I eat Special K Protein Meal bars when I'm on the go. I like the chocolate peanut butter ones best. They have 180 cals (I am sure tons of carbs and sugars but I don't track those). They also have a decent amount of protein. I eat one at 630 and I am good to go until my lunch at 1130.
  • kdt000
    kdt000 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Luna Bars are my favorite. The Caramel Nut Brownie and the Chocolate Raspberry. I eat one of them every day for breakfast - Today I didn't have one so I had some special K pastry crisps that I had - and I can tell a huge difference in how Luna bars keep me feeling full all morning. Now I have to be sure to buy some more tonight!
  • Slack2ShortGo
    Slack2ShortGo Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I like the Nature Valley ones. I think they're pretty healthy, although they do have a bit of sugar. They keep me satiated and they aren't too many calories.

Me too. I eat a Fruit and Nut bar almost every morning for breakfast.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    If I was really truly concerned about this stuff, I wouldn't eat these bars at all. Just find one you like and enjoy it. The differences are extremely minor. You're bascially eating a "lite" candy bar. That's it. Just sort of understand that, and don't worry about it.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,006 Member
    Options
    I love the fiber one chocolate chip and only 90 cals....yum
  • kimama01
    kimama01 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Larabars all the way baby!
  • rexia111
    Options
    LARA BARS- 180-210
    (100% NATURAL-TASTE AMAZING)
    LEMON LUNA BARS-190
    SPECIAL MEAL BARS-180 (MORE LUNCH)
  • fun_b
    fun_b Posts: 199 Member
    Options

These are my favourite too.
  • Angela9559
    Angela9559 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    http://www.honeybar.ca/home.htm

love the cranberry one