Cant believe I messed up so bad!

Options
Hi I am a 27 year old mom of 3 boys. after my second child, I got to about 270lbs. I stayed that way till he was about 3, then it took about a year and I lost about 85 pounds. I was looking good. I wanted to lose about 30 more. Then I got pregnant again. I stoped exercising, I had a hard pregancy I never felt good, then I ate bad, back to my old habits, I gained about 50 pounds. After I him I lost 10. I was ok with that, I still wanted to lose more, then stress added 18 pounds. I am now about 240. I am so so so mad at myself. I have been working out for about a month now, I have lost about 8 pounds, I am so mad though i just want to look in the mirror and see that skinny girl again. I am getting married in 305 days. I know if I work hard I can lose the 90 to 100 I want to lose. I am just mad I have to do this ALL over again. less then 2 years later after losing all my weight.

Replies

• Tory111
    Tory111 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey what a great goal, think of that gorgeous dress and the new sexy you in it. Dont beat youself up for what you have done, every day is a new day with new goals - good luck hun X:flowerforyou:
  • lrob100
    lrob100 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I stayed seriously overweight for 10 years after having my last child. Don't beat yourself up over it; just congratulate yourself you are doing something about it NOW. We can't undo the past. MFP is great for encouraging you and motivating you. I wish you all the best on your weight loss journey. You can do it! It will not be easy. But you CAN!
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    You can do it!
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. I lost all my extra fat in 1990 and have gained it all back plus more. Then I started and abandoned about 10,000 dieting attempts.

But that's all in the past. Roads already traveled. It's a new day and a new road. You can do it! (and so can I)
  • daisiemae123
    daisiemae123 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    You can do it. This time will be for keeps! :smile:
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    dont focus on the negative that got you to this point. focus on what you are doing for you now. I need to lose 180 pounds and I'm 1/4th of the way there. I think at the rate I'm going I could be 3/4 there by my wedding in August 2013. So I am working like a maniac to lose about 85 more pounds. At least 75 before I have to order my dress. It is a fit&flare/ trumpet fit so this belly has got to go!
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I'm 52 years old and thought why o why am I fat again. I really need to just give up and take to my rocking chair. Instead I decided to not beat myself up. To try something completely different and it's worked better this than it has in the past. No diet plan. I have an exercise plan. Exercising makes me want to eat healthy. Dieting never made me want to exercise. I'm more fit now than I have been in 20 years.

Be made at yourself if you stop trying. Don't beat yourself up for having to do it again.
  • adbohls
    adbohls Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    It may seem a little childish, but "pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again". It happens. What's important is today. Not yesterday because it's gone. You cant change it. Not the future, because it's not here. What you do today is the only way to shape the future.