Ok Here It Is. . .

Options
Ok so I'm new to myfitnesspal. I just started trying to get healthy a couple months ago. Here's the kicker, once I started trying to get healthy my doctor told me I had diabetes. I"m only 33 so it was a big wake up call. So here I am trying to find a way to lose the weight, get healthy, and control the diabetes. I thought I was doing a great job myself before I went to the doctor's. I had lost 34 pounds, but he said that could be because of the diabetes. I really want to be healthier and I think this is where I need to start fresh.

Replies

• jwoodrich41
    jwoodrich41 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You WILL do it Susan!! Sometimes we all have to have a wake up call and if you ever need me I am here to help support you!! Love you!!:flowerforyou:
  • abbylady
    abbylady Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi there -- I'm Abby :)

Even though we don't know each other, I just want you to know that you've got support from me. Diabetes runs in my family, and I've seen how difficult it can be to live with. Though I can't relate firsthand, I do know that it's a game changer. No matter what, you've got my support -- you can do this!!
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Read "The Blood Sugar Solution" by Dr. Joel Fuhrman... It will give you many ideas for eating healthier to combat diabetes.
  • hugsee
    hugsee Posts: 36
    Options
    All I can suggest is join diabetes.co.uk/forum major advice there especially reading up on low or high carb diet
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    You can control your diabetes. I hope you are monitoring your blood sugar on a regular basis. It is not only sugar that you need to watch, but also your carbohydrate intake. Carbohydrates will convert rapidly into sugar once you eat them. Diabetics are better to eat complex carbs instead of simple ones since they digest slower and do not spike your blood sugar as quickly. For example, eat a sweet potato instead of white potatoes, eat brown rice instead of white rice, stick to whole grains. Best of luck to you!