Motivation!

Options
I just wanted to congratulate everyone here on MFP who decided to change their lives around and get healthy. We all have bad days/weeks/months but the important thing is that we get back on track and keep working at it. It’s easy to lose motivation, but we need to remind ourselves of why we decided to embark on this journey. We need to recognise the little things that show some sort of success (NSV). If you’ve managed to drink less soda or cut out most sugars or even had one chocolate bars instead of two, it shows that you are making some progress. Next week, you’ll do even better. This is not a race or a competition with anyone. This is about making smarter choices, getting healthy, exercising, reducing our chances of disease. Even when times are hard, don’t give up. If you fall, no excuses, get back up. YOU are doing this for YOU! Good luck everyone!

Me :)

Replies

• chylo1
    chylo1 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    nicely said......thanks
  • teesams21
    Options
    Well said!! And much needed :-)
  • anzi888
    anzi888 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    :)
  • awolf2011
    awolf2011 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the kind words!! This really makes me stay motivated and on track. It is hard a lot of times to stay on track. I kind of fell off the wagon for about a month. I was still watching what I ate, but the exercise part just kind of stopped. I just couldn't find the same motivation that I once had. I recently began getting back into my workout routine last week and today I stepped on the scale and lost the last 2 lbs of my goal!! I was so in shock that I weighed myself 5 more times just to be sure. That is my motivation for today! Onto goal #4, another 5 lbs!!
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the kind words!! This really makes me stay motivated and on track. It is hard a lot of times to stay on track. I kind of fell off the wagon for about a month. I was still watching what I ate, but the exercise part just kind of stopped. I just couldn't find the same motivation that I once had. I recently began getting back into my workout routine last week and today I stepped on the scale and lost the last 2 lbs of my goal!! I was so in shock that I weighed myself 5 more times just to be sure. That is my motivation for today! Onto goal #4, another 5 lbs!!

Great job! Sometimes you need to shake things up with your routine. Taking that time off from the gym and then starting up again while sticking to your calories is what did it for you! :) Good luck with the last five!!!!
  • d3nise
    d3nise Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You know I did my weigh in this morning and was very disappointed. I have been working out and staying in calorie count, thanks for the reminder that this is a journey!
  • kdblaylock
    Options
    Thanks for the encouraging words. I haven't been doing too well the past 2 or so weeks. I started taking joint pills (after talking with dr) and then all my energy seemed to drain and for the next 2 weeks my body ached more than before I started the pills. I just didn't feel like I could get up and walk let alone try to get an exercise in. Well my doctor said to stop taking the pills that maybe they would too strong - we will try again ater new year with less strong ones. I finally feel like I can get up and move even if my joints do make noise. Not feeling like moving also sucked away my motivation to log anything on here. On top of that we had our state fair only 2 miles from my house, my birthday and halloween. I've watched what I ate but have dreaded looking at the scale. I can tell the difference in how I feel - now just feel blah and get stressed other the small stuff -- like I did before I started this in August. I know what I need to do and now I'm ready to get back on the wagon. Gonna go now and sweat my butt off.