Newbie to Community :) Bit about me...

Options
Hi all,
Been on MFP for a while now (based in uk) but in the last 3 months have actively been kicking my own backside. Started by randomly quitting smoking on the way home from work and deciding that day to start running. I have NEVER ran in my life. Started with the Couch to 5k. Then joined a local gym. First month, didn't lose as wasn't dieting, just trying to concentrate on running and the not smoking :explode: so didn't want to push it.
Started the gym on 1st September. Now run between 3-4k a day, plus do 10 - 30 mins on the cross trainer, and 130-200 crunches.

Lost a stone. One more to go. Fit into clothes I haven't for years. Now I have a challenge thing on my profile - this Monday-Friday I vow to run/cross train 20km. Next week will be more.

Loving it :heart: Oh, and I get married in New York next year. I WILL be a slim bride :blushing:

Replies

• missferoux
    missferoux Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    And this is in the wrong part!!! Meant to be in the new bit. *scurries off*
  • fun_b
    fun_b Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Welcome :laugh: I am also in the UK and got over 2 stones to go. New York- Very Exciting. I'm sure you will look amazing in your dress :bigsmile:
  • FreedomReigns
    FreedomReigns Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Congrats....you can add me if you would like!
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    With a stone to go, you are but a stones throw away from your goal. Good luck :)
  • missferoux
    Options
    Eeee, where abouts? Thanks, I'm more bothered about the fact I get to wear a wedding dress in Central Park. 2 Stones to go - you'll do it I'm sure :drinker:
  • bipsqueen
    bipsqueen Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Wow married in Central Park in New York!! How exciting!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,412 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Moved to the appropriate section.

PS- since you started at the gym, you should also look into weight training. WT is much better for fat loss and it will preserve lean body mass (aka muscle). So yes, while you may not lose as much as nothing but cardio, you will end up with a more defined body as your muscle is what keeps a body tight and lean.
  • fun_b
    fun_b Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm in Central London. You?
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    awesome work! That's a real life changer! Nice dedication.
  • missferoux
    Options

Can you please delete the duplicate post for me further down? I'm a numpty and can't seem to delete it :sad:

As for the weight training - I assumed it would be more beneficial to do that AFTER I've lost the last stone - is that wrong?
  • melandjake99
    Options
    Well done at already losing a stone! im in the UK too, South Wales. I need to lose 2 1/2 stone. Im hoping to lose it by June next year when I'm off to LA. If you would like to add me feel free
  • missferoux
    Options
    Thanks all for your replies :love:
  • melandjake99
    Options
    Thanks for adding me hun! ;)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,412 MFP Moderator
    Options

Can you please delete the duplicate post for me further down? I'm a numpty and can't seem to delete it :sad:

As for the weight training - I assumed it would be more beneficial to do that AFTER I've lost the last stone - is that wrong?

No, it is more beneficial to start immediately. If you maintain your muscle mass, you have to lose less weight to look hotter in a bathing suit. And you will burn more calories by doing nothing as muscle burns more calories. If you haven't seen the trend, it's all about muscle. Also, you can't bulk up since you are a woman. Hell, I am a guy and I can't bulk up since I am in a calorie deficit.