Typical days menu

Options
Heeey

Could you guys tell me what you eat in a typical day?

Thanks in advance xx

Replies

• loztredders
    Options
    I'll tell you what I had today if that helps

breakfast - porride made up with water
    Lunch - homemade carrot and lentil soup with a toasted bagel and two clementines
    snack - banana
    dinner - homemade mushroom and light mozarella tartlet, with carrot and swede mash, brussel sprouts and green beans
    snack - 25g cashews with 200g natural plain greek yoghurt

This comes to just over 1800 cals, which is my maintenace allowance.
    My days are usually pretty similar to this, always start with porridge now it's gotten cold, love it!
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    My diary is open - feel free.
  • katiefridley
    katiefridley Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    My diary is open - feel free.

Ditto.
  • kellicci
    kellicci Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    My dairy is open. I eat around 1300 a day if I don't work out and 1600-1800 if I do.
  • Jesmoko
    Jesmoko Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Coffee.

Lunch: Coffee, sandwich.

Snack: Apple, some plums.

Dinner: Coffee, sandwich.

Snack: Apple, carrots, plums.

That's intertwined with days where I eat calorie heavy foods/sweets. I'm sure this is a very healthy way of living.
  • Emeshee
    Emeshee Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    for breakfast (7:30 AM) i usually have 1 tablespoon of chia seeds soaked in unsweetened almond milk and a couple strawberries. if im still really hungry i will also have an apple or grapefruit.

for lunch (12:00) i will have something like a greek yogurt, or maybe sliced vegetables with hummus

then (1:00) i will have a coffee to tide me over until i eat again

for dinner (6:00) i change it up a lot. some days i have an egg white omelet with spinach, others i will have some (5) steamed shrimp with broccoli. Another option for me is steamed green beans with a half cup of chick peas.

I usually get hungry later on so around 9:00 i will have something light, 1 tablespoon of popcorn kernels, air popped or a piece of fruit. Some days i will have a hot chocolate instead if im not hungry, just want something tasty :)

I go to the gym at 6:15 AM and am in bed at 10:00 PM

some days i will add in a couple other items.

My food intake is unrealistic for many people but it works for me! I am satisfied and happy.
  • kathyms13
    kathyms13 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    my diarys open
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    As soon as I wake up lol 7am- 4-8 oz coffee or hot tea and an apple 1 teaspoon of sugar
    Breakfast- Egg white omellete with zucchinni,broccoli,spinach,tomatoes and low fat mozzarella and turkey sausage or bacon

Snack -Oatmeal with skim milk or Corn flakes (no sugar added) with skim milk

Lunch - Quesadilla- 2 corn tortillas- 6 oz chicken breast/asparagus,chayote and spinach and low fat mozzarella with a side salad and 2 boiled egg whites in the salad and 2 servings of green veggies

Snack- 1 mandarin orange or 1 cup of grapes

Dinner - 8 oz chicken breast (baked) 2-4 servings of veggies and a side salad
    Water all day

Snack (only if I am hungry) -cucumber with some lemon and a dash of salt or hot sauce or celery and PB
  • Mell00546
    Mell00546 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - Coffee and 4 hard boiled eggs (whites only)

Snack - Almonds or 2 rice cakes with 2 tsp of almond butter

Lunch - 4oz grilled chicken and veggies

Pre-Workout - Homemade pumpkin protein bar (2)

Post-Workout - Protein Shake (Muscle Milk Chocolate)

Dinner - Either Fish, Top Round Steak, Chicken, or Ground Turkey and Vegetables (plus a sweet potato if I need extra calories/lifting plus cardio day)
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Open diary.
  • moreORless50
    moreORless50 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    my diary is open
  • skinnyitaliannn
    Options
    breakfast - hot oats prepared with water with added cocoa powder and honey when done
    snack - a clif bar / luna bar / larabar
    lunch - avocado egg scramble (mmm with cilantro & garlic)
    snack - usually a vanilla whey isolate protein shake
    dinner - 4oz (or more depending on how much protein i'm aiming for) chicken breast w tomato sauce & part skim mozzarella
    dessert - a cup of greek yogurt with some sort of nut butter (peanut, choc hazelnut, almond etc) sweetened with stevia

that's a perfect day in my eyes :) can't forget lots of water!
  • ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    My diary is open as well. If you're looking for ideas feel free to take a peek :smile:
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Coffee, greek yogurt 100 vanilla

Snack: Nature Valley protein bar peanut and dark chocolate

Lunch: Turkey on whole wheat w/ cheese and dijon mustard, steamed veggies

Snack: Tall hot chocolate with skim milk (one pump chocolate) dash of cinnamon

Dinner: Lean cuisine four cheese pizza and dole frozen blueberries

Snack: skinny cow caramel truffle bar
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I'm 1200 to lose 1lb/week
    1400 to lose .5/week
    and 1600 to maintain

I've always been a healthy weight but I've learned with all the free food at work and work travel I really need to log to maintain or to lose a little and get back to maintenance.

Here's what a typical work day looks like for me food-wise. In my house we typically cook at home for dinner:

-Oatmeal & coffee at work. Typically breakfast at work is under 300 cals total
    -Fruit around 11am (usually under 100 cals)
    -Lunch around Noon. Often Amy's Organics or another brand that is organic/natural/grass fed etc. (usually under 400 cals)
    -Yogurt around 3pm (typically around 140-160 cals)
    -Snack after work and before gym (crackers & hummus, cheese stick, roasted veggies) (typically under 200 cals)
    -Dinner (ranges in calories). We love recipes from Everyday Food Magazine because they are easy to log (nutrition info given). We try to eat as organic and local as possible (grass fed beef has way less fat--etc.)
    -If I have Zumba or yoga in the evening I even have enough cals left for dessert like a piece of dark chocolate or another piece of fruit.
  • Onesnap
    Options

Careful on the Skinny Cow. Many of them have warnings in regards to...digestive issues. :(
  • Onesnap
    Options
    Breakfast - Coffee and 4 hard boiled eggs (whites only)

Snack - Almonds or 2 rice cakes with 2 tsp of almond butter

Lunch - 4oz grilled chicken and veggies

Pre-Workout - Homemade pumpkin protein bar (2)

Post-Workout - Protein Shake (Muscle Milk Chocolate)

Dinner - Either Fish, Top Round Steak, Chicken, or Ground Turkey and Vegetables (plus a sweet potato if I need extra calories/lifting plus cardio day)

Why whites only? The concept that the yolk causes levels of bad cholesterol in the blood to increase is actually misinformation left over from the 80s. If you eat eggs that are as local as possible and organic you will get increased levels of Omega 3s as well as other nutrients not typically found in high levels in commercial eggs.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options

Careful on the Skinny Cow. Many of them have warnings in regards to...digestive issues. :(

No problems whatsoever!
  • FittyForLife
    FittyForLife Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Normally.. This is when I have classes. It changes depending on classes.

Breakfast: Egg white omlette and 2 rice cakes w/ peanut butter, and apple. Green tea.
    Lunch: Greek 0% strawberry yogurt mixed with nuts (and sometimes granola)
    Pre workout: Banana
    Post Workout: Whey protein and vitamins
    Dinner: Vegetables and meat
  • Onesnap
    Options

No problems whatsoever!

You are one of the lucky ones. Your best bet to avoid the chemical stew that is Skinny Cow is to measure out the ice cream at home. Some people do their own individual sized portions ahead for the freezer. Or try a frozen yogurt or frozen Greek yogurt (also can pre measure out the sizes). Any frozen treat should have 5 ingredients or less (and should be all things you recognize). The reason is because there are things in Skinny Cow that are banned in other countries. Some of them are suspected to cause cancer and one of them (a thickener) is only legal here in the US but banned everywhere else.