Anyone meditate?

Options
Anyone have any advice with meditation. I heard it can help, so I am trying it out

Replies

• SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    I've never mediated, but have heard people to have found great success by doing so.
  • mmrose00
    mmrose00 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Meditation is great!!! I do it from time to time, I don't do it as much as I should or would like but check out Deepak Chopra. He was on Dr. Oz a few weeks ago and had a simple video posted on how to get started Meditating..
  • mlagena
    mlagena Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I used to meditate nightly. I love it!
    It's really hard to me to get my mind quiet, so I came up with some visualizations to keep me focused, breathing even and get my heart rate down.
    The best one, for me, was visualizing a never-ending red staircase and with each inhale i would climb three and another three with each exhale until my breathing slowed and i no longer needed the stairs.

-Megan
  • grnfrog12
    grnfrog12 Posts: 10
    Options
    How do I know if I am actually doing it right?
    Julie
  • SammiAnne11
    SammiAnne11 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I try to daily. I know I'm doing it right when I suddenly realize I haven't had a single thought for a bit...it's all about practice.

I love the book, "peace in every step"! Good luck!
  • grnfrog12
    grnfrog12 Posts: 10
    Options
    Thank you for all your tips. I believe I have been successful. I have my fingers crossed that it helps my headaches.