How to break a 6 month stall

Options
I haven't seen the scale go past 245 since May. I have tried eating real low,stopping myself on this site all together,not giving a **** for a few weeks,not back to 4 workouts a week ranging from 300-600cal burn,trying to stay within the 1800 cal in daily. I feel pissed a bit because honestly being fat in this society will not get my far in my goals. My diary is open as I'm pretty open. Do not be snarky though that isn't what this post is for. I just want to be at my goal of 150 so I can start doing certain things greatly like dating and buying more clothes.

Replies

• kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I can't see your diary.

Perhaps you should go back to the beginning and re-set your goals. If you are really being as honest as possible about your meals and staying within your calorie range plus exercising, something must be wrong, and that something may well be your settings.

I started out sedentary at 194 pounds and got the recommendation of 1350 calories per day (before exercise) as my starting point in order to lose 1 pound per week.
  • ahenington
    ahenington Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have been at the same weight for months and I do not cheat! I sometimes think our bodies are simply set in one place until we shock the fire out of it! I eat very healthy and work out 6 days a week. This morning I actually got into the 150's! I stopped weighing everyday because I would allow that number to RULE my day. Prayer is what is working for me, I simply ask God to give me strength and discipline to make it everyday. According to scripture He has already given it to us; we must take hold. Walki by faith and stay the course. Appreciate where you have come from and enjoy that you are at a new and better place than you were 6 months ago! I promise God wants you to have the desire of your heart. best wishes
  • sydneywb86
    sydneywb86 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! My dilemma EXACTLY! 150 is also my goal weight and I've been stuck at the same weight since spring as we'll. Would love to hear some open, honest, non-snarky answers from mfps also. Thank you again for posting!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    slow steady always works

bouncing around stopping and starting going higher going lower is not usually the way it works

patience is king.

BUT...six months is TOO long for a plateau without either medical issue(s) or incorrectly calculating your input and output
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Just out of curiosity have you all tired re-calculating your goals since you have been losing? Depending on what method you are using your calorie requirements may change as you drop weight - just like your workouts become less effective.

Also try increasing calories by about 100 until you are gaining about 1 lb/ week for about 4 weeks then do your cut from there - it's quite possible your TDEE's are off. Everyone is a little different so the 'estimations' that you get from various sources could be a little off. By finding your correct TDEE you will already have an advantage for maintenance and you will know for sure what works for you - I may have to do this myself soon as I am getting tired of guessing what's right.
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    I just broke a two month stall at 12 stone with two stone to go - I fasted except for drinks for 24 hours and did 30 minutes cardio that evening. I lost 2 lbs overnight and it was enough to get me under 12stone and I have so far kept those pounds off.

Extreme I know but once in a while it works.
  • Goddessmaker1
    Goddessmaker1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Just out of curiosity have you all tired re-calculating your goals since you have been losing? Depending on what method you are using your calorie requirements may change as you drop weight - just like your workouts become less effective.

Also try increasing calories by about 100 until you are gaining about 1 lb/ week for about 4 weeks then do your cut from there - it's quite possible your TDEE's are off. Everyone is a little different so the 'estimations' that you get from various sources could be a little off. By finding your correct TDEE you will already have an advantage for maintenance and you will know for sure what works for you - I may have to do this myself soon as I am getting tired of guessing what's right.

I am having a hard process doing this because I'm like scared to eat.The time I did lost 2 lbs inbetween this stall I ate alot more but once I went back to the gym I was micromanaging my calories. I get scared to eat over 1800. My TDEE is like 2100 or something range and I feel like a quarter back eating that. But I need this weight gone I have humping I mean dating to do.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Try adding 50 calories a week, just grab a few nuts or have a slice of toast with a THICK layer of peanut butter, a slice of cheese, some juice, an extra egg or if you are eating 'low fat' anything get rid of it and go back to eating the same amount of 'normal' versions.

Alternately, if you have trouble eating you can always just take a gym break, skip 1 workout a week - it will have the same effect on your calories ;)
  • aggiecyn
    aggiecyn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I made a inspiration video. See it on youtube, unfortunately it only plays on computer due to copyright license.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Opokjt1xdPo