Fitness Watch

Options
I would really like to get a fitness watch that shows how many calories I burn throughout the day. Any suggestions?

Replies

• AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar FT7 - great deal through amazon!
  • spangey13
    Options
    I just asked this question (but in the New Zealand group). The favourite around here seems to be Polar FT4 or Polar FT7. I don't know the difference between them, but they both do calorie counting. If you're in the States then you can get them from www.heartratemonitors.com

edited for typo
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Most are going to recommend Polar (Ft4 or FT7), however, I LOVE my Garmin FR60!

Mine shows calories, distance, heart rate, and more... and it syncs wirelessly!
  • audreykts
    audreykts Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4 and I love it!
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Garmin Edge 500. Not a watch but the absolute best out there. Period.
  • YepLilly
    YepLilly Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I would really like to get a fitness watch that shows how many calories I burn throughout the day. Any suggestions?

If you want to calculate the calories during a workout, get a Heart Rate Monitor with a chest strap (Polar makes good ones). They're usually quite accurate at calculating calories.

If you want to know how many calories you burn during the day while doing your regular activities, then get a FitBit, Body Media, etc. Those are designed to be used the whole day.