Does sex count as exercise?

Options
I'm just wondering if I can log sex as exercise. Do some of you log it? Depending on how sporty your sex is, it burns up to 150kcl in 15 minutes. that's quiet as good as doing a walk or so. What do yout think?

Replies

• Miiimii
    Miiimii Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Probably this topic will be shut down, because the word sex is in it. don't know. I mentioned it as a serious question. Just wanted to say.
  • gamechanger_2012
    Options
    Sounds like a good idea to me. The more sporty, kinky, exciting the more you burn. This may seem weird but sometimes, I have really focused on my core during the activities and really felt my core getting worked over along with other things. lol.
  • Miiimii
    Miiimii Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Yeah, if you think sex as exercise you probably also start to be more creative and active. this could start a new sex revolution. Haha! But seems this it not a topic for the masses (probably they don't have sex or just don't wanna talk about).
  • MissPreciosa
    MissPreciosa Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I was totally wondering why sex wasn't in our excercise database. I don't see why not.
  • stef_monster
    stef_monster Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I've wondered the same thing. I've never actually tried to log mine, but I suppose it could be counted as light aerobics or cardio? I mean, if we have two different levels/intensities of CLEANING on here then it seems like sex should be an option. There are several articles out there that estimated how many calories you burn during various sex acts. Someday I'll wear my FitBit or maybe an HRM (if I ever get one) during the deed and get the real story, haha!
  • black_sands
    Options
    hoi
    I'm all for adding it as an exercise. however the calculation of cals would be difficult, no? after all, e.g. doggy might burn less than, say, reverse cowgirl.
    and I guess many would feel quite uncomfortable by letting others read their diary:

breakfast: toast, two hard boiled eggs and a banana (no pun intended)
    lunch: pita bread with veggies and green salad
    dinner: carrot soup with croûtons
    snacks: turkish coffee, carrots, saltine crackers
    intercourse: oral 10m, missionary 4m, doggy 15m, cowgirl 20m.

and honestly, I for my part don't look at the clock and count minutes =) I'm waaaaaaay to busy enjoying myself.

I guess 'calisthenics, vigorous' might do the deed ;)
  • zoey96864
    zoey96864 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I know this is an older topic and I found it bacause I have the same question!

BTW, @black_sands, that would make for interesting diaries :blushing:
  • specialk1177
    specialk1177 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've started adding it as either high impact or low impact aerobics depending on how active & long it was. If im out of breath & covered in sweat at the end I consider it high impact. I'm single so I rarely have a quickie & I make sure to count it! What pisses me off is that my Fitbit doesnt count it as "very active minutes". Um, those are my most active minutes in life!