Just started today-am 54 y/o & have over 100 lbs to lose

Options
2»

Replies

• DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    welcome you can add me -- I turn 50 in about 8 days!! I have found the folks on here very friendly and I've been on a couple of weeks
  • nursermr38
    Options
    I am 50 years old and lost my last three pounds today! My total weight lost is 144 pounds. Didn't think it was possible! Took me 2 1/2 years but I am tenacious (read: stubborn) and hung in there.

Increased my activity and watched what I ate. Some days were more successful than others. But I made it a game. Challenged myself each day. Joined MFP. Made some supportive friends. And here I am!!! Life is great and whoever says that you cannot lose after a certain age is full of "hooey".

Good luck to you! Add me as a friend if you like.

WAY TO GO!!!!!! you should be soo proud. Definitely an inspiration.
  • luvsbks
    Options
    Hi I am Mary and I am 58. I would like to lose about 60 to 70 lbs and I also deal with depression. I am a firm believer in keeping a log of what you eat whether you are having a good day or a bad day. 8 years ago I weighed 300 lbs and managed to get down to 139 lbs. Because of losing a job I got pretty depressed and managed to put a lot of it back on. In August of 2011 I weighed 275 and now I am at 238. Best of luck to you. You can add me as a friend if you want.:smile:
  • kmckeever811
    kmckeever811 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I too am 54 years old......The older we get the harder it becomes but we have a lot of experience on our side on how to keep going when things get tough. The weight did not go on over night so I suppose it will take us a while to take it off. I do this with my sister. Knowing that I have to be accountable everyday makes me log everything I eat. Do you have a buddy who would like to do this with you? A friend, a family member? It is way more fun. We come up with weekly challenges. The first week we just promised to log EVERYTHING that we put into our mouths.

People on this board care about others. Sometimes we just get busy and don't get to check on others until later in the day. You made a commitment:bigsmile: :bigsmile: to do this. Set some short term goals (one goal per week) and just keep going.

Good luck to you...........
  • ERed23
    Options
    I am 53 and need to lose 50 pounds and with every weight loss program, I have put on another 10 pounds after. I told myself I never wanted to reach 200 pounds. I came pretty close to that this year. So I am back at it again. I have all sorts of issues with my knees and feet (plantar fascitis) so even though I get out every morning to walk the dog and go to Zumba classes, I spend alot of sleepless nights dealing with the pain. So I get what you are going through and I am happy to share in your efforts and successes.
  • ps06109
    ps06109 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have over 100 lbs to lose also. I've lost about 7 or 8 so far! As they say , the thosand mile journey begins with one step, There are lots of great people on this site and in my experience they have been very supportive and open. Best wishes :smile: