Week Two of P90X

Options
I'm in week two of P90X. I'm doing the "lean" version because I'm so out of shape and weak. I still can't totally do everything they do in the video or totally keep up, but I do the absolute best that I can and hope fully one day I'll be able to!

I can't even tell you how great I feel. I don't think I've ever exercised like this in my life. I have SO MUCH MORE energy, its unbelievable. I'm so sore, I can barely move...but everytime I move and feel the soreness, it reminds of how hard I'm working : )

I'm not going to weigh or measure myself until after the third week because sometimes its normal to actually gain a little weight the first couple weeks do to water retention, etc. that comes along with starting a new intense workout...and seeing the scale go higher would really bum me out.

Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised in a couple of weeks, but we'll see.

Replies

• Stephomie
    Stephomie Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    P90X is awesome, as are many of the other Beachbody workouts. Keep up the hard work, and make sure you are eating clean. If you aren't already, I would HIGHLY recommend the Results and Recovery Formula that Beachbody sells. It's a recovery drink for right after your workouts, helps minimize soreness and aids in muscle rebuilding. Plus, it tastes great! Keep pushig play!

Stephanie
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Great job! I am on wk 6 and feel awesome also! I have more energy than I ever have! The more you do, the better you will get and you will get stronger. I am happy I am able to do superman/banana and dreya rolls now! Couldnt even do them at the start!
    Congrats and keep up the good work!
  • LOVINLIFEGUY
    Options
    i AM AN P90X GUY ALSO. I HAVE BEEN DOING IT FOR ABOUT 2 YEARS AND AM AS FIT AS I HAVE EVER BEEN. INCLUDING HIGH SCHOOL WHEN I PLAYED SPORTS ALL YEAR ROUND. THE SORENESS GOES AWAY AFTER THE FIRST MONTH OR SO. I HAVE LOST 56 LBS DOING IT AND HAVE REALLY TONED UP. I HAVE GONE FROM EATTING 1800 CALORIES AT THE START TO NOW EATING 3500 CAL TO MAINTAIN AND NOT LOSE ANYMORE LBS. I THINK THE LEAN MUSCLE I HAVE PUT ON IS A FURNACE BURNING UP THE CALORIES I PUT IN. :) IT HAS ALSO IMPROVED MY GOLF GAME. HAVE FUN AND STICK WITH IT.
  • Phil46
    Phil46 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm also in my 2nd week but doing the classic program. I love it. Still working on the food stuff but it's a work in progress!

My hubby and I are going to Vegas this coming weekend and will be taking the videos with us. I just don't want to stop!!!!

Keep it up!!!
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    That's amazing! Who cares if you don't do everything they do, just do your best, and forget the rest! =)
    Besides, it's only a matter of time before you'll be able to keep up no problem, and you'll have the most amazing physique of your life =D

I can't wait till I'm done p90x, I just started, I'm on day 2 but I'm doing doubles, swapping out about half of the cardio session for my regular tae kwon do and parkour classes. I seriously CAN NOT wait to have an awesome body for the summer, not to mention being able to eat like 2400cal every day =D

PS I love food, if yah can't tell =p
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    That's great! =D P90X is definately a lifechanger.
    Keep pushing play!
    I just got done with my 2nd round of P90X and it is simply amazing the changes that happen.