Tracking Food

Options
You know....I find that if I plan all my meals and portions, first thing in the morning, and log it all in, it helps me stay on track. I can see exactly what I am eating for the day, then see how much more or less I have to work with, by the end of the day. I think it really does help to have a food journal, whether it's on MFP, or just a simple journal. I think it's big part of weight loss, and we can totally see where we screw up, then the next time, try not to screw up!!! lol Just a ramble friends. :bigsmile:

Replies

• cdavis1126
    cdavis1126 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I absolutely agree with you!!
  • here_I_go_again
    here_I_go_again Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Hi Tina,
    I agree with you too! I like to see what I have accomplished for the day in terms of my eating behavior and knowing I have to log it in keeps me accountable. Take care

Dottie
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    I agree with you as well. it also makes me feel as if I can splurge on snacks or unexpected eats and still be on point with my calories! it's is the secret to losing weight!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    I totally agree. I break my day into 3 hour intervals. When I plan my day ahead of time, even if a surprise occasion happens like I get invited out to lunch at the last minute, I know how many calories I have aloted for that time period and go by that to help me stay one track.
  • skroll
    skroll Posts: 24
    Options
    I am so with you. I think it has helped me see what I can do to help myself. I have my whole week planned out. Everything is prepared and ready to go. So all I have to do is make supper in the evening and I making the whole family eat better. It is a life change! I am on a new road and feeling better about myself!
  • suejonestx
    suejonestx Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Logging everything you eat, with calorie counts, is a real eye-opener! I think most people who struggle with weight think they eat a lot less / fewer calories than they actually do. Writing it down is the only way to "see" what you're actually putting into your mouth. Did anyone see that movie "Super Size Me"? I cringe to think how many calories per day that guy was ingesting while eating EVERY meal from McDonald's for a month! (big mac 570 + fries 540 + coke 310 = 1420 calories for one meal! ) Ouch!
  • lucky1ns
    lucky1ns Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I love it when I throw a high ticket item in for dinner and reliaze I still have 300 calories available for lunch.

Doesnt it seem like some days there are more calories than you could ever need and others they are sparse, sparse, sparse!!
  • Tamie_Girl
    Tamie_Girl Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Exactly -- and I think this is why My Fitness Pal is working for me. :heart:

It doesn't matter what diet you go on -- all of them say to KEEP A JOURNAL. Think about it.

It's all about accountability.
    :flowerforyou:
    :drinker:

~Tammy