Breakfast?

Options
I'm the person who gets up only enough time to get ready and leave for work. I will grab a coffee and breakfast along the way to work. I normally do this about 3-4 times a week. What are some quick and easy breakfasts I can bring while I head to work in the morning? Maybe something I can make the night before?

Replies

• bymyslf892
    bymyslf892 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    If you are stopping somewhere to get coffee and breakfast then you should have enough time to eat at home! I love to pop an egg in the microwave for 20 seconds then add cheese and meat and cook for another 20-30 seconds. Put it on an english muffin and GO! lol make sure you use some non-stick spray and a microwave safe bowl!
  • cuffs_r
    Options
    Overnight oatmeal. You can eat them cold or hot. Awesome and so good for you!
    http://www.theyummylife.com/Refrigerator_Oatmeal
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    there are no rules about breakfast food. Fix a ham sandwich and wash an apple the night before and eat it in the car. Anything goes. Some protein source to hold you over until lunch is good. While you're making your sandwich set up your coffee machine and brew your own coffee in the morning. You will save money....and time.
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I keep a ziploc bag full of oatmeal at desk. That way I always have something.
  • ChristineBertrand
    Options
    I was reading the pumpkin pie oatmeal. it looks amazing! thank you!
  • takumaku
    takumaku Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Air popped popcorn or microwaved popcorn and a glass of milk makes a quick, easy breakfast. You could even pour the milk over the popcorn and make an old, colonial style breakfast.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Scramble eggs with salsa and wrap in a tortilla. You can make 5 for the whole week, freeze them and pop them in the microwave in the morning. If you use egg whites, you can get them about 100 calories each.
  • lyndalpn
    lyndalpn Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I bought an egg cooker and they cook in the time it takes me to have a shower. Alternatively nothing beats a can of baked beans !
  • SToast
    SToast Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Scramble eggs with salsa and wrap in a tortilla. You can make 5 for the whole week, freeze them and pop them in the microwave in the morning. If you use egg whites, you can get them about 100 calories each.

I'm using this idea. It's fantastic. When I need something quick I fry and egg (no oil, nonstick pan) with salt and pepper and put it on a piece of wheat toast. It takes only as long as the toaster takes. By the time the toast pops my egg is done. Put it on a napkin and run out the door.

I also use single serve yogurt in my smoothies and put any fruit in a baggie in the freezer (single serving) so I can throw it all in the blender with some soy (or almond, or rice milk) and head out the door. Breakfast in under 3 min.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is breakfast burritos. You can make a bunch one day then freeze them. Pop them in the microwave before leaving the house in the morning.
  • gaby_1qb
    Options
    You can also make a smoothie or a shake the night before and walk with it to work! It gets me super energized!!!