I am so EXCITED

Options
I have waited way too long to start this journey and I am very pleased with my meager results so far. My husband and I are making this a family experience. We all joined a local gym and go together several times per week. I have started shopping for and cooking more nutrient dense foods. I have a lifetime ahead of me but I am READY. We both quit smoking in January 2010 and are now committed to ourselves to show our children that anything is possible. I want to lose 65 pounds and am giving myself one year to do it. My husband is more interested in changing the shape of his body than losing weight. HERE WE GO......

Replies

• Utefootball2010
    Options
    The best of luck to you, your husband and family...
  • chefcc
    chefcc Posts: 143
    Options
    Congratulations! Making it a family experience is awesome. Wish I could get my hubby on the same journey. Congrats on quitting smoking too!!
  • happymomofthree
    Options
    Thanks, it is nice to see so many people ready to change their lives...
  • deekennedy33
    deekennedy33 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    :happy: I'm happy for your both. My hubby and I are going to the gym together too, since 2007 and keep going strong!!

Take care :happy:
  • lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    That's great that your whole family is on board. Good luck.

Don't be too hard on yourself if you don;t lose it all in 1 year. Just keep telling yourself that you have a new, healthier lifestyle and eventually it will all come off. It's more about health than what the scale says.
  • taylorgirl
    Options
    You have a good attitude and the right spirit to do it! Stay focus and committed! After 1 1/2 years I reach my goal of losing "65" pds so speaking from experience it can be done!:smile:
  • SammiAnne11
    SammiAnne11 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Welcome to myfitnesspal! This is a great place to make friends and lose the weight! Keep track of every little piece of food that goes into your mouth...it all adds up!(I don't taste test my kids plates anymore!)
    Good luck!
  • lwebsmfp
    lwebsmfp Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Doing it together as a family is an awesome way to stay motivated and you're all there to encourage each other through it all. Congrats on quitting smoking. You're on the right path. Don't give up! Good luck!