Extra skin????

Options
I have lost 18 lbs so far I have 93 lbs to go! I have seen pics with the same goal and some who have lost all the weight so do u have a problem with extra skin or did it go away because of the workout your doing I'm using slim in 6 !

Replies

• lilteddy78
    lilteddy78 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    So far mine is shrinking with the weight loss. I think there might be a little leftover when I finally get to my goal but I am pleasantly surprised that it's been shrinking. I started at 247 and currently at 175.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    Depends on how much you carried, for how long, your genetics, your age..

What you can control now is avoiding smoking if you do (hurts skin adaptation) and wearing sunscreen.

You could try eating more foods with nutrients and minerals that facilitate collagen synthesis (eg zinc, Vit C, phytochemicals).
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    It depends on a lot of things, how much elastic does your skin have? Which will be determined in your genes, age, and how long it takes you to lose the weight.

It's taken me 2 years, and I am still not at my goal weight, but so far my skin has pretty much bounced back. I have a little loose skin but my husband doesn't even notice it. I notice it cus it's my body.
  • Sunflowerinbloom
    Sunflowerinbloom Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! The only place I'm worried about is my stomach I had 3 c sections every where else I know will bounce back! So hopefully my stomach won't have to many problems with extra skin!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! The only place I'm worried about is my stomach I had 3 c sections every where else I know will bounce back! So hopefully my stomach won't have to many problems with extra skin!

I have had 2 c-sections. I have the pooch still but I know it's possible to get it to go away with hard workout. I'm doing Insanity right now, can't wait to see what day 60 does.
  • Sunflowerinbloom
    Options
    For me the upper stomach I'm not worried about its just the lower is to flabby for my taste lol I know my slim in 6 has a DVD that helps with that part so I'm going to work that into my work out routine so I will see what happens! Let me know what ur out come is on getting rid of any extra tummy skin pretty plz mama2!
  • lilteddy78
    Options
    Mama2 - I'm doing insanity also. Tonight is my first night of month 2. I'm afraid to see how hard it is. I've already lost inches and a few pounds. I've heard that the 2nd month is supposed to be even better than the first for inches and weight loss. Good luck with your round of Insanity!
  • spiralina79
    Options
    People usually get the look of loose skin from losing weight too fast.

It's not loose skin really, it's actual fat. After all your skin is as thin as the skin on your eyelid.. it's just leftover fat and poor muscle tone.

Check out this link:

http://www.bodyfatguide.com/LooseSkin.htm
  • mary659497
    mary659497 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    what is the insanity workout?
  • lilteddy78
    Options
    It's a hard core cardio workout. This is a link to the website. http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/insanity.do
  • tlc12078
    tlc12078 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I think I have the most stubornest skin ever, I do hip hop abs and I do the shred, I am seeing results, but my skin wont bounce back, its loose, my arms n stomach. I have that flap on my stomach n its shrinking but def not going away, arms are the same, the skin is actually getting saggier n saggier, but thank god I have a good doctor who sees this and says since I am losing I can get it removed so it wont cause any problems
  • Elise_healthy4life
    Elise_healthy4life Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    hi ladies i started at 353 im now 190 i have a bit of lose skin but i have noticed that when i have a plateau or just take a break for a week that it does tighten up a bit i have herd that it can take up to two years for it to come back so im hoping that once i get to my goal and stay there for a while that it will come back Ive just been using sorbolene cream because i also herd keeping it well moisturized also helps :)
  • Sunflowerinbloom
    Options
    Thanks everyone I think I'm just going to keep doing the slim in 6 and walk away the lbs and hope it's minimal I just want to feel skinny again lose skin will be better than being overweight :)
  • Lyndelee
    Lyndelee Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone I think I'm just going to keep doing the slim in 6 and walk away the lbs and hope it's minimal I just want to feel skinny again lose skin will be better than being overweight :)

Exactly, Shelley! I'd rather be healthy with loose skin than obese with pretty "full" skin. My belly and thighs have loose, saggy skin. But my skin has been stretched out for 20+ years!! It is kind of disheartening to see in the mirror, but I like the way I look in my clothes, so....I'll wait until I'm done with my transformation, then have skin removal surgery. I hope that it will firm up, but that hope is fading with each pound lost. Its not that I am not building muscle either, cuz I'm working out like CRAZY!! You look pretty young, so you shouldn't have such a problem with it if you don't put it off like me!!!
  • Lyndelee
    Lyndelee Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    By the way....what is "Slim in 6"??
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    It really all depends.

I got ****ed over by losing too much weight too fast without incorporating enough weight training.

I'm about 30lbs away from my goal, but my stomach sags and I know I'm going to need surgery and will never get the abs I wanted from the start..

Lose 1-2 lbs a week, make sure you eat enough protein and you do WEIGHT TRAINING. That along with cocoa butter, and a scrubber and you might have better luck than I do.

Good luck.
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I have extra skin in my abdomen and arms. I am hoping that by losing more wt. and exercising I can firm them up a little.
  • raylenebrooks
    raylenebrooks Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2'' highest weight 265 current 190ish skin seems to not be to bad but I do not see a bikini in my future:) my stomachis still big but the skin is not really loose. I figure loose skin will be better than 100 lbs of fat and I dealt with that so I will deal with the skin
  • Sunflowerinbloom
    Options
    Lyndelee in that pic I had lost 50 lbs the weightless made me look younger in the face I will be 40 in may so that's a huge compliment! I gained it all back so I hope to look that way again :) slim in 6 is a video models and stuff use to get ready for a shoot in 6 weeks it tones ur body as u lose weight I lovvvve it! It's beach body look it up! It did wonders for me that's why I'm doing it again!!! I have been over weight for a little over 20 yrs myself!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!