I love exercising, but over eat. 25kg/55lb to lose

Options
Hi all,

I joined on here ages ago, but havent been so 'faithful'.
So Im back and looking to lose 25kgs (55lbs).

Im 32 year old female. Have 4 children.

I love exercise and manage to do it everyday, but often circum to bad choices... over eating in general more than eating high fat/sugar foods.

I enjoy doing weights at the gym, walking/jogging daily with baby in pram, doing outdoor training (sprints, press ups, squats, lunges, running stairs etc...)

If anyone would like to add me, please feel free too!
We can challenge each other!

Cheers :smile:

Replies

• WilhelmCF
    WilhelmCF Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I joined here because it gave me the opportunity to stay true to myself because others were here for support and now with a community of like minded people it became harder to not be honest with myself. If you want a friend to cheer you on, I volunteer.
  • swweetpea
    Options
    I can totally relate to this! I joined my university's gym after I started trying to lose weight expecting to hate it but I've grown to love and look forward to my work outs now! But my weight loss has been pretty slow because I love to snack :(
  • TODJ06
    TODJ06 Posts: 85
    Options
    I can totally relate to this! I joined my university's gym after I started trying to lose weight expecting to hate it but I've grown to love and look forward to my work outs now! But my weight loss has been pretty slow because I love to snack :(

Ahh yes! The dreaded, but much loved food! haha!

I love to cook, so am continuously coming up with new and healthy food options.... but I just need to remember 'smaller portion sizes'! and.... "LAY OFF THE COOKIES".

I really enjoy the gym too!
  • cgfol1
    cgfol1 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I was the same as you todj06. I still do the same amount of exercise now but have lost the weight. For me it was about looking deep inside and finding the willpower to stop the overeating. Trust me, it's had and it really sucks, but it is possible. I also found that cutting out sugar was the best way for me to stop gorging. There are only so many carrots or apples you can eat in a day!!!
  • cynthia365
    Options
    I'm definitely the same way! I love to exercise, which is the great thing. Right now I'm doing hot yoga almost every day -- joined Corepower yoga studio it's WONDERFUL.

I've found that myfitnesspal has really helped me! As long as I've stayed persistent. When you write everything down and see it in front of you, you get a better sense of what you're actually putting into your body.
  • Michshellars
    Options
    Same here! I love my exercise, but it's my snack attacks that bring me down. Let's support each other!
  • BiancaR1
    Options
    Love to exercise, love to eat. Willpower, common sense and portion sizes have slipped recently. Now it's time to get back to sensible eating along with my love of exercise. It's great to read that I'm not the only one with this issue.