Share your NSV (Non-Scale Victory) of the day! 11/7/12

Options
bufger
bufger Posts: 763 Member
Its that time again, what little victory have you had today that'll bring you one step closer to your dream body!?!

I resisted buying Halo4 and i'm resisting Call Of Duty later this week. If i buy these games I know i will spend some of my time playing these instead of going to the gym, and then i'll eat some bad food whilst playing them and then i'll play some more.... etc. I know i should learn to control this but i;ve been a gamer since the SNES and i'm completely addicted so the only way i can control it is not buy games whilst im concentrating on something else!

"Games leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering"

Please post your victory!

Replies

• Luvmyhubby222
    Luvmyhubby222 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I now run with my dog almost every day. If I don't, I become a little grumpy. So I guess my NSV is that I am physically addicted to excercise!
    (And my dog seems pretty damn happy about it,too!:tongue: )
  • Cazmummyof2
    Options
    I gave up smoking and lost weight and the money saved booked our wedding venue!!! thats one hell of a victory i think!!! :D
  • GypsysBloodRose26
    GypsysBloodRose26 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I don't have an NSV today, but I am super excited for everyone else who does! Way to go, guys!
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I gave up smoking and lost weight and the money saved booked our wedding venue!!! thats one hell of a victory i think!!! :D

That is brilliant! I wish I had the motivation of a wedding to stop me from smoking.

My NSV is walking to the vending machine to get some nuts for some extra protein and noticed they had none. So I walked away empty handed although there were plenty of other tasty treats! I have overcome a sweet, snacking tooth!
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Having to make a new hole in my belt as the tightest one is now just too loose!
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Last summers wardrobe fits me again YAY! BUT its winter now BOOOO :sad:
  • wildapril
    wildapril Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I made cookies for the painters who are coming today, and I haven't eaten any!
  • indigo_rose
    Options
    I fit comfortably into a pair of shorts that I haven't worn since I was pregnant with my last child.. :)
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    Realised I've not jumped on the scales in over 2 weeks and feel good about it !

think this thread finally sunk in

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/758160-reminder-the-scale-does-not-define-you?page=7#posts-11774906
  • charliehefferon
    charliehefferon Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I compared my measurements this morning and realised i have lost 42.5 cm since March!
  • bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Some awesome NSVs there everyone.

Quiting smoking and using that money for a wedding venue is an amazing accomplishment! i love it when moneysaving and health come together.

Making cookies for the painters is a really nice thing to do and then not eating any is excellent!

Congrats to all of those fitting into old clothes. This has only happened on a few items for me but its a brilliant feeling when it happens.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I have this skirt, it's a maternity skirt... you know that kind with the band that fits nice? Well I wore it the day my husband took the photos of me that started me here 9 months ago.... it was THAT photo in THAT skirt that made me cry & get serious. I have not looked back.......

So come today I'm going through my clothing..... most of it no longer fits & most of it never worn..... I come across the skirt.....I try it on for old times sake..... it falls off.... ok fair enough..... but that band is sooooooooooooo wide....... so I pull it up..... it's a strapless dress now....... sits at the knees (it did when it was a skirt that's how much extra it had to go over..... and now I have a brand new black boob tube dress :)

So the skirt that started it.... becomes my NSV for the day. Hubby thinks I look great in it & it also means I now need my very 1st strapless bra (never had one before cause they would never stay up)...... YAY.
  • tcalamity
    tcalamity Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I think mine has to be my inch loss since starting this journey. But also the shock that I was actually a bigger size than I thought I was. I have lost 26 inches overall since 1st August, of which 7 inches off my waist at the navel and 5 inches off my hips. Im still trying to come to terms with the inch loss as I cant believe I was that big which means I was a UK 20 not 18 as I thought. I am now 3 inches off becoming a UK size 14 and my now size 16's are slipping down a lot.
  • JosephVitte
    JosephVitte Posts: 2,039
    Options
    I'm not gay, nor have a problem with gay people, but when I was "out" earlier tonight, I noticed guy's looking at me. They weren't gay, I just was getting a lot of looks. Sometimes this feels normal, but maybe because I was feeling good and knowing I'm losing weight I noticed them sorta staring more tonight, but than again, I haven't been out that often, at night, since starting MFP. Yes, I saw woman checking me out too. Probably sounds like I have a big head, but it's just what I felt/noticed tonight. Thats my NVS today. Good night!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I'm not gay, nor have a problem with gay people, but when I was "out" earlier tonight, I noticed guy's looking at me. They weren't gay, I just was getting a lot of looks. Sometimes this feels normal, but maybe because I was feeling good and knowing I'm losing weight I noticed them sorta staring more tonight, but than again, I haven't been out that often, at night, since starting MFP. Yes, I saw woman checking me out too. Probably sounds like I have a big head, but it's just what I felt/noticed tonight. Thats my NVS today. Good night!

Isn't it great when you notice others checking you out now? I get that heaps when I'm running..... before people would have just stared like I was a freak. Well done.
  • ellycope
    ellycope Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Realising that there was no wobbly tummy bits when doing my cycle tummies at circuit training! Also, and I'm really trying to see this as a positive, I'm feeling the cold a lot more now!
  • Bigmitch41
    Bigmitch41 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My Non Scale Victory today is, I finally understand what the heck NSV means lol :laugh:

Seriously though, well done all for the motivational posts :flowerforyou:
  • Michaelsdin
    Options
    Its that time again, what little victory have you had today that'll bring you one step closer to your dream body!?!

I resisted buying Halo4 and i'm resisting Call Of Duty later this week. If i buy these games I know i will spend some of my time playing these instead of going to the gym, and then i'll eat some bad food whilst playing them and then i'll play some more.... etc. I know i should learn to control this but i;ve been a gamer since the SNES and i'm completely addicted so the only way i can control it is not buy games whilst im concentrating on something else!

"Games leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering"

Please post your victory!

I just got assassins creed the bomb a must play. Halo 4 is kind of w/e i didnt like the anniversary one so lost sight of halo Black ops 2 is going to rock for sure. The way i get around playing video games is when there is a inbetween like a match or down time i will do like situps and pushups, or squats. Sometime I will turn on the treadmill and turn it on 3.5mph and walk and play lol.
  • lauraatkinson85
    lauraatkinson85 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I put on my favourite dress this morning and when I put my waist belt on to go round it I had to cinch it in by 2 holes - and I only wore it a couple of weeks ago!
  • sarahcuddle
    sarahcuddle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I can now run for 25 minutes without stopping.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!