First post - 70 lbs down. Almost there! (Pics)

Options

Replies

• juewil
    juewil Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    you look great!!!!!!!!!!:
  • mhrodriguez44
    mhrodriguez44 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You look great! I bet that took alot of hard work, but it paid off! Way to go, girl!
  • nature88
    nature88 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!! Girl you look great! Just keep up what you are doing.
  • JanLeb
    JanLeb Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • starfuryzeta
    Options
    Congrats!
  • NatashaRuz
    Options
    Congratulations! So much hard work, and it's paid off. :)
  • adk88
    adk88 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    This is my first time posting.

*looks at profile pic; sees "107 posts"...

Anyways, nice job. :)

I meant my first time starting a new post! I should have clarified.

And thank you. To all of you! I'm so glad I am able to offer motivation. The support in this community still overwhelms me at times.

As far as how I did it, I just stuck with the calories. And always kept in mind that one bad day doesn't throw off all my efforts so I wouldn't let it discourage me. I don't deprive myself of foods that I want or that I love, instead I find a way to fit them into my daily calories. For example, I am a big potato chip fan. So a couple nights a week, I save enough calories to have a serving in the evening. I still eat foods I love, and I definitely still eat carbs. Obviously I make better choices, but I try not to restrict what I eat, otherwise I'd never be able to stick to it. I try to exersize 4 times week, but to be honest the first 50 lbs was lost strictly on calorie counting alone. I'm starting to exersize more now that I'm at the point where I want I start slimming and toning certain areas.

The best advice that I have is to remember that this is a whole lifestyle change. It will take time. Just try and enjoy the journey! :)

Edit: Dang autocorrect!
  • helena260
    helena260 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You have done an amazing job!!! Your journey is so inspirational!!
  • AngelaVCB
    Options
    Congrats to you, you have done amazingly well, I have just started out 5 weeks ago with a similar amount to lose, so wish me luck! I love looking at peoples success stories and they really do help keep me enthusastic about where I am going.

You look amazing! X
  • Luvmyhubby222
    Luvmyhubby222 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    All I can say is WOW! Looking great!:smile:
  • cortez1954
    Options
    ulook fab:smile:
  • coastie_wife07
    Options
    Good for you! You look so much happier too
  • PinkHurricane88
    PinkHurricane88 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing!!!!!
  • kguattu
    Options
    You look wonderful! Congrats!
  • janicemitchellcross
    Options
    Bump
  • 30musha30
    Options
    big differrence,congrats!!
  • lindz625
    lindz625 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Great Job so far! It's great to see progress pictures from other 5'7" ladies.
  • showmewoman
    showmewoman Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just signed up on mfp this morning. I am an old weight watchers member and have been slowly creaping back up on the scale. Thank you so much for your pictures and motivation. You and everyone on here are an inspiration. Congratulations on all your hard work, keep it up!
  • StartingAtSixty
    StartingAtSixty Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and I'm sure you feel it too.. Congratulations...:happy:
  • kccadmac
    Options
    You are such an inspiration to all of us!! I need to lose about 50lbs and I am really having a tough time getting started and staying on track.
    Seeing how successful you've been really helps.

Thanks so much for your post!!

Cheers.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!