Gained a 1lb :/ Motivation pleaseee

Options
I gained a pound this week even though i have been going to the gym for an hour every evening and eaten healthy, i am adament this will not get me down i understand that every week cannot be great for weight loss it just makes you a bit hmmmppphhh lol xx

Replies

• BernadetteChurch
    BernadetteChurch Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Don't look at it as gaining a pound. Think about how many weeks you've been doing this and how much weight you've lost in that time. It's a better indicator of overall progress.

Just keep doing what you're doing and the scales will be on their way down again in no time.
  • babsb121
    babsb121 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I gained a pound this week even though i have been going to the gym for an hour every evening and eaten healthy, i am adament this will not get me down i understand that every week cannot be great for weight loss it just makes you a bit hmmmppphhh lol xx
    I gained a kilo during this week, but then it had gone again the next day. It's dispiriting when a blip coincides with weigh-in day (happily, mine didn't), but it IS still only a blip. Good luck in your endeavours going forward xxx
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options

could be water weight, muscle, fat or something still going through waste management.... na mean?

drill Sargent: misstilley are you really going to let a pound of flab or water or muscle or excrement get in the way of achieving your goal?

misstilley: no i won't...

drill Sargent: I can't hear you speak up this isnt church

misstilley: NO I WONT!

drill sargent: NO I WONT DRILL SERGEANT SIR!

misstilley: NO I WONT DRILL SERGEANT SIR!

drill sargent: what wont you do private misstilley? Testify now, go on...

misstilley: SIR I WILL NOT LET A POUND OF WATER OR A POUND OF FAT OR A POUND OF MUSCLE OR A POUND OF EXCEREMENT OR A COMBINATION POUND OF THE FOUR TO GET IN THE WAY OF MY WEIGHTLOSS GOALS DRILL SERGENT SIR!

drill sargent: Thats what I wanna hear! now drop and give me 20 private!

my job is done here.

rleeemery.jpg
  • petite_boleyn
    Options
    Nikilis you win the award for best reply ever. :)
  • CarlaC78
    Options
    I gained a pound on my last weigh in aswell :(

BUT I can be caused by soooo many things...water weight, constipation, inflammation, muscle gain etc etc etc don't stress it will soon melt away :D

I lost 3 pounds and gained one back over the fortnight! Two steps forward and one step back!

I also take the odd few weeks where I try and see how I do without using mfp and often gained the odd pound me and portion sizing are a fail lol

Chin up and keep at it...it takes time for hard work to show sometimes !
  • Sujit8383
    Sujit8383 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I workout like hell in gym...........for 3 hrs of vigorous cardio n strength training still i gained 1.2 kg's (2.5lbs) in a weeks so no issues.............its water weight for me........control ur diet also.......:wink::smile:
  • misstilley12
    misstilley12 Posts: 72 Member
    Options

could be water weight, muscle, fat or something still going through waste management.... na mean?

drill Sargent: misstilley are you really going to let a pound of flab or water or muscle or excrement get in the way of achieving your goal?

misstilley: no i won't...

drill Sargent: I can't hear you speak up this isnt church

misstilley: NO I WONT!

drill sargent: NO I WONT DRILL SERGEANT SIR!

misstilley: NO I WONT DRILL SERGEANT SIR!

drill sargent: what wont you do private misstilley? Testify now, go on...

misstilley: SIR I WILL NOT LET A POUND OF WATER OR A POUND OF FAT OR A POUND OF MUSCLE OR A POUND OF EXCEREMENT OR A COMBINATION POUND OF THE FOUR TO GET IN THE WAY OF MY WEIGHTLOSS GOALS DRILL SERGENT SIR!

drill sargent: Thats what I wanna hear! now drop and give me 20 private!

my job is done here.

rleeemery.jpg

Haha! this has cheered me right up! SIR YES SIR! :D I will NOT let it get in the way of my weight loss goals

:D xx
  • misstilley12
    misstilley12 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your replys you have all cheered me up :) I will not let this get me down i am strong and i will suceed :D however long it will take

You lovelys :D

xxx
  • dlegros
    dlegros Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Don't obsess on the number on the scales, track your key body measurements as well (I track BF%, chest, waist and hips).

I've had weeks where the scale has gone up, but the measurements have fallen; so although I've not lost weight I have lost fat :smile:
  • _kannnd
    _kannnd Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Are you taking measurements? That's a better indicator than the scale is. There are too many variables that can make the scale fluctuate. Also, how many calories are you eating day? If you are working out every day, you may need to up your calorie intake. I went through this a few months ago. I got stuck in a spot where my weight was fluctuating 1-5 lbs for a couple months. I was working out at least 5 days a week. I upped my calories and the weight started dropping.Your body needs fuel for more workouts.

:)
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Go take a dump :wink:

But seriously, dont obsess.