Can't see any progress

Options
2»

Replies

• hipsdontlie1
    hipsdontlie1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I see it, but this is just a picture of your face. You will probably see more of a difference if you take personal full body pictures and compare them! or try taking measurements!! I took measurements and waited 4 months, the results were WAY better then I thought they were going to be... it was amazing!
  • joeysox
    joeysox Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    i see a big difference around your face, well done!!! xx
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Yep...your doing good. Your making a change : ) Congrats
  • gmansmom2
    gmansmom2 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I can tell - your face looks much more defined. Don't forget that the angle of the camera makes a difference as well.
  • LesleyGillan
    Options
    I can see it, your face looks healthier too! Just keep on your journey...you are doing so well!!! :bigsmile:
  • budru21
    budru21 Posts: 127
    Options
    You are making progress! Just keep in mind that we often see water retention in our faces. I am one of those people. If I have a high salt or carb day, the next few days, my face will look pretty puffy. So, remember that the weight is coming off your entire body, not just in the place you took the picture of. Patience is KEY!!! Keep on going!
  • bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. Guess it may be a mental block on my part. Have low self esteem so to me i still fell fat and ugly.

Bufger, didn't take any full body photos at the beginning, took one a few weeks back at gym but too embarassed to post really. Still disgustingly fat in my eyes. and feels a bit odd posting a pic of me stood in boxers!!

Guess need to do proper side, back and front pics to track it going forward.

I'm not posting mine until im at goal and then i'll no longer be embarrassed by the bigger me. The whole world can see my fat *kitten* then as i'll be a different person :D
  • speediejane
    speediejane Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    BIG BIG CHANGE KEEP IT GOING:bigsmile:
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    8 pounds less - well done! :flowerforyou: Even if you don't see it in yourself, it has gone from somewhere :laugh:

My first thought was that in the middle photo you are not really smiling, in the last one, you have a great big grin, which is going to make your cheeks pop out a bit, and create creases in your face and neck. You still have a way to go, you will find it takes a while for your brain to catch up with the new skinnier you - having photos and keeping your old clothes will really confirm that you are looking trimmer :smile:

Keep up the good work on you!
  • RobinM1976
    Options
    I can see it but I know where you're coming from. I am down 46 pounds so far and everyone is telling me that I look so much thinner. Yeah my clothes are fitting a lot better but I just don't see it myself. I really think that our minds tend to play games with us. Deep inside we're use to seeing that bigger person looking back at us when we look at ourselves. This makes it hard for us to really see any changes. You'e doing a great job!!
  • gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    To me it looks like the 2nd picture was a good one, and the 3rd picture was just an okay pic. As someone else said, the 8lb difference came off your whole body, not just your face, BUT I can see a difference - you're smiling bigger in the 3rd pic but your eyelids are showing more and your neck looks just a little longer.

see that?

Great job btw!!
  • misstilley12
    misstilley12 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You man look FANTASTIC! i can sooo see a difference your face looks cute and alot slimmer and overall you can really see it too

You have the same mind problem as me i cannot see changes in me at all but everyone else can

Chin up you are doing amazing

x
  • RosscoBoscko
    RosscoBoscko Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Trying to make myself feel better today so thought i'd post a during upper body shot compared to original one of me at my heaviest so here goes. At least seem to be making some progress in these shots.

2dd5915f.png20121108_114613.jpg
  • MrsWonderland
    MrsWonderland Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    All your missing is a smile, I know its not easy when your the one taking the pic and not happy with yourself. You are doing great!!! The 8lbs didnt show in your face because your body evening its self out. There is a big differece from the first pic, a small difference from the last two and thats ok because you are doing great. A few more pounds and it it will be noticed in your face again. I know that I can never see a difference in my self, but others do see it. Just dont give up cause I think you will see it soon and start getting some confidence. Just keep smiling cause your working hard and its showing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!