New Lazy Artist Needing A Hand :)

Options
Hello! ^.~ I just started using this site about two days ago, and decided to post to see who all is out there! :) I'm 21 and have a desk job, but I also work as a graphic novelist for my own works and draw and sew a lot of comissions (not to say my work ethic is lazy, but getting myself modivated for other things outside art makes me lazy o.o;). I used to weigh 210lbs in high school even when I was participating in sports, and at 5'4, it's not a happy area to be in : (. I worked it off but now that I've swapped jobs, I gained most of that weight back, even while still working out. (Though I'm limited in what I can do workout-wise. I have a high level of asthma that lands me in the hospital a lot. I'm sure once the weight goes back down this problem will also go down as well.) I'm currently standing at 197lbs and a size 14 in jeans comfortably. Any advice anyone can give? I know it's not going to just fall right off in a few months. I'm just aiming to get down to 150lbs or 145lbs again.

Thanks so much everyone! Even if I don't know you, you can do it! X)

Replies

• casey882
    casey882 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    im sure you will get there at least your taking the frist steps and realise it wont happen over nite feel free to add me
  • elemlms
    Options
    It sounds like you have a good handle on your expectations and limitations and even with the health issues you can make real changes. I had a trainer tell me once when I could not exercise for a period of time that you can loose weight without excercising if you are paying attention to what you eat, and of course this site makes it so much easier!
  • Ailinia
    Options
    Aw! Thank you guys so much. :)

I have a really nasty habit of wanting to have too much of a good thing (like soda, delicious chili...). I've cut out a lot of sweets and even swapped from drinking normal tea all the time to green tea three times a day so I can still have my caffiene kick when I need it. I was actually looking for a site to help with balancing the ratio of what you put on your plate when I stumbled onto this site. Not what I had in mind but it looks helpful and it does have a lot of information I can make use of . :)