Help on cheat day?!

Options
Hello! At the beginning of this week I said to myself 'if i eat good monday, tuesday and wednesday' (as in no junk food, just all healthy foods) I can have a cheat day on thursday. But my question is, how do I have a cheat meal? Can I eat a block of chocolate, or is that too much... And what if it results in weight gain? I don't really know what the right amount and stuff is. Can someone please explain to me what they do? :)
Thankyou

Replies

• slimsdown
    slimsdown Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    i find if i have a sweet tooth for lunch one day i will have a bowl of coco pops, 116 cals for 30g with skimmed milk and they really help a choc fix, it means you stay within your daily allowance and no guit!!
    hope this helps x
  • taekwonkenpo
    Options
    one of my very frequent helps is to make myself a protien fruit smoothie. Except add a lot more frozen fruits then normal. This changes my smoothie to the texture of ice cream. I JUST HAVE TO HAVE A SUBSTITUTE FOR ICE CREAM SOMTIMES.

don't go to overboard on a cheat day. I like to have a cheat meal instead.
  • nikkinz
    nikkinz Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Heres what I do. I have 250 calorie deficit a day. over 6 days thats 1500 so on day 7 I can have a cheat day and eat between 200-400 more calories that day and still have a deficit of 1100-1300 that week. That way I'm not gaining and can enjoy my cheat day guilt free.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Heres what I do. I have 250 calorie deficit a day. over 6 days thats 1500 so on day 7 I can have a cheat day and eat between 200-400 more calories that day and still have a deficit of 1100-1300 that week. That way I'm not gaining and can enjoy my cheat day guilt free.

This is pretty much what I do. I stay under my cals during the week, and then saturday or sunday I'll go over (if I go out or whatever) and still have the deficit and not feel guilty about having a couple drinks and pizza, and still lose weight.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I don't have a set cheat day. But, if I have an event like a birthday or a meal or a wedding to go to, I don't fret about the calories, I just enjoy myself and get back on it the next day. Then there's no pressure. We all have to live and life is not about dieting.

If you feel like you must have a cheat day, I would set a calorie goal slightly higher than your usual and sit with it, rather than an all-and-out binge day. That one treat is not going to affect your weight loss.
  • bananapancakebella
    Options
    I don't have a set cheat day. But, if I have an event like a birthday or a meal or a wedding to go to, I don't fret about the calories, I just enjoy myself and get back on it the next day. Then there's no pressure. We all have to live and life is not about dieting.

If you feel like you must have a cheat day, I would set a calorie goal slightly higher than your usual and sit with it, rather than an all-and-out binge day. That one treat is not going to affect your weight loss.

This is a really good idea. I'll up my calories two days per month to a maintenance level instead of a deficit, and not eat above that.
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    an entire chocolate gateaux should be about right...