Share your NSV (Non-Scale Victory) of the day! 11/7/12

Options

Replies

• robbda
    robbda Posts: 82
    Options
    I've just starting trying again and my friend said I already looked slimmer in my belly (less bloated) :-)
  • MoonGypsyQ67
    MoonGypsyQ67 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Besides eating much healthier, I have gone without a soda for over 2 months now!!! I have also been stopped by people at work telling me I look like I have lost weight. When I tell them I have, many have asked how I am doing it and I have actually motivated a few other people to do it too!
  • HapThompson
    HapThompson Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I was going through all the fabric I keep for patchwork to tidy it up and came across a pile of old shirts and blouses with rips in them that I was going to use for a quilt. In amongst them was one shirt that I remembered consigning to the pile not because it was ripped but because it had always been a bit too small and I never really wore it. On a whim I tried it on and it fits perfectly now. I last wore it 7 years ago...

It's great because all my more recent shirts are UK22 and they are too big on me now, but this shirt (UK18) fits great and I remembered how much I liked it.
  • mamakira
    mamakira Posts: 366
    Options
    I will go to the thrift store with my kids later and now I can just pick vintage stuff from the rack and it fits! Before I didn´t even try on things because they were always too tight.
  • ChunkieNuts
    ChunkieNuts Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    todays NSV for me is i have to wear a belt with my trousers elae they fall right down! woohoo...a couple months ago they were so tight :smokin:
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Had to give away my UK size 14 jeans and a dress that was my favourite - both are now ridiculously loose on me (my mum got them lol) and a friend I hadn't seen in ages told me last night that I'd 'lost loads of weight' - its only 7lbs but nice to be told anyway :)
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I posted this on my wall yesterday:

NSV I wanted to share: I needed some new workout bottoms as my previous pair of workout pants became way too big since I've lost weight. Even with the drawstring pulled as far as it could go they were falling off me. So I bought a new pair and guess what size they are? MEDIUM. I have lost 61 pounds so far and have 47 to go, so this means that once at goal weight I will be in a SMALL!!! I haven't fit in a small since 1994! This is so exciting to me because I was wearing a size XL before, and that was TIGHT... I really should have been in a size even larger than that. So to be in a Medium now has me super stoked!

And I am pear shape also, that has not changed. As I have lost many inches, my waist is still 10 inches smaller than my hips! But one thing I have learned is that being a pear does not mean being Fat! I will still be a pear and quite curvy in a Small!
  • emolias
    Options
    Today I’m wearing a skirt that a couple of weeks ago didn’t fit right :-D
  • brewstar10
    brewstar10 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Well, yesterday was a good day for SV and for NSV. First, I have lost a total of 25lbs which is halfway to my goal. I have done this in a little less than 4 months. Now for the NSV. Yesterday I had a Dr.'s appointment and had my blood pressure checked. Before I started my weight loss journey, it was 145/92 which is borderline hypertension. Yesterday it was 118/80 which is absolutely perfect! For someone with a family history of hypertension and heart disease this was great news!

I do wish that I took measurements before I started though. I know I have lost inches and toned up but I would really like something to compare it to. Either way. Halfway there and seeing lots of progress on and off the scale!
  • Deb_smiles
    Deb_smiles Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I went window shopping the other day (that's my version of trying on clothes, but not buying anything for the day). I haven't done this since summer time. I kept drifting to my old sizes and then realizing.....OH WAIT! I don't fit in these any more! And then skip happily down the rack to the sizes that were two sizes smaller!

Then I had a REALLY good NSV, if that wasn't good enough. I grabbed a 12, thinking that's about where I was and decided to grab a 10.....to see how far I had to go. Not only did I get the 10 ON.....it was comfortable~only a baby muffin top! I grabbed 3 more completely different outfits in a size 10, just to make sure.....all fit!!!! Probably need another 5 pounds to make it a PERFECT fit. I kept holding up those pants and they looked so SMALL! Thinking......no way am I this SMALL! And then they would just slip right on!

That'll put a little hitch in your giddy up!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I didn't think to check last night, but noticed this morning that I was actually under all my macros and got 129g of protein yester. First time since I started actively tracking again (two weeks).
  • HelenDootson
    HelenDootson Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    After several attempts, I cracked C25K w6d3 today - Very proud of myself :happy:
  • mmecadon
    mmecadon Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Had a fitting for a bridesmaid dress that I'm wearing next month. The seamstress had to take it in because it was too big. She said, "we'll take it in here so you can show off your tiny waist". I definitely don't have a tiny waist (yet) but it felt good to have to take the dress in an inch or two...
  • mrshoneydew
    Options
    My NSV for today is:
    I had to carve out a new notch in my belt this morning. I've already carved 2 notches in it before, but they just got too loose. I think it's time for a new belt. :D
  • fstephanie4
    fstephanie4 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    A lady at work (who I see every week) said I was looking a lot thinner and that I looked great!

She is the first non-family/bestfriend that has said anything like that!

I'm taking this feeling home with me and keeping it when I meet up with my friend tomorrow (haven't seen her for two months and I've lost a fair bit since then...also she did sport science at uni and is a stick so I need to feel good to last the meet!)

Wish me luck!!!
  • melliebelly77
    Options
    My son hugs me and tells me how skinny I am since he could never reach around so closely!
  • anaoliver63
    anaoliver63 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    My pajama pants fell off today!
  • mrshoneydew
    Options
    My pajama pants fell off today!

:indifferent: Haha! Awesome! :laugh:
  • allgoodthings
    allgoodthings Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hahaha! I know just how you feel. Bitter sweet. :)
  • BossBich
    BossBich Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Towel drying my stomach this morning after showering without having to lift it up......yey me!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!