New and interested in a Walking Challenge until Turkey Day!

Options
Hello, I'm 32 yrs. old and weigh 143 lbs. I'm looking to lose between 30 - 40 lbs. I'm starting today and I'll be doing the Leslie Sansone DVDs. I'm starting with the 1 and 2 mile today. I'll try to get in 60 minutes of walking. I'll update tomorrow on how I did. I'm also looking to disciple my eating plan....Lets see how I do today :-)
I'm also interested in a 21 day walking challenge to see how much I lose. Anyone care to join me?

Replies

• Ailinia
    Options
    This sounds really interesting. What exactly is the walking challenge?
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I would love to join you! I have been doing the one mile Leslie Sansone DVDs and thinking it was about time to step up to the two mile. This challenge will be perfect to get me going. Thanks!
  • richmiller82
    Options
    hi how do you post your own topics please
  • richmiller82
    Options
    hi how do you post in to the topics please
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    someone on my FL posted a link to the nerd fitness blog who proposed the Morning Mile challenge. It basically boils down to creating new healthy habits, either way it was walking at least one mile every morning.

I personally HATE morning workouts but this I've been able to stick to....maybe b/c it's just walking - so simple
    Yes it's cold but boy does it wake you up

I even carry my coffee mug with me haha

Planning doing more though as I progress along with my nightly Jillian michaels workouts
  • lem_orc29
    lem_orc29 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hello!! There is a Leslie Sansone group here that you should join!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/335-leslie-sansone-walk-at-home

We have a pretty unstructured November challenge...basically everyone sets their own goal for the month and posts occasionally (some do every day) about their progress toward that goal. It's nice to see other people out there doing the same workouts you are.

My goal for November is 60 miles. I'm a little behind on the 2 miles/day but am working to catch up...I have 10 so far and I'm planning to do 4 today and then I'll be on track.

Good luck!
  • mrincredible93
    Options
    Trying to lose almost a third of your current body weight, especially since you are not that heavy to begin with, sounds a bit unrealistic and probably dangerous to your health. You would have to push yourself into starvation mode and your body would need to lose muscle mass to do this.
    More likely, you would not be able to reach this goal and you'll get discouraged and give up.
    I totally support your walking challenge, but you may need to take a closer look at your goals.
    Start with this chart:
    http://www.bmi-calculator.net/body-fat-calculator/body-fat-chart.php
    I'm accepting new friends if you need one.
    Jonathan
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Trying to lose almost a third of your current body weight, especially since you are not that heavy to begin with, sounds a bit unrealistic and probably dangerous to your health. You would have to push yourself into starvation mode and your body would need to lose muscle mass to do this.
    More likely, you would not be able to reach this goal and you'll get discouraged and give up.
    I totally support your walking challenge, but you may need to take a closer look at your goals.
    Start with this chart:
    http://www.bmi-calculator.net/body-fat-calculator/body-fat-chart.php
    I'm accepting new friends if you need one.
    Jonathan

Not if she's 5'3 or shorter
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I have done the Leslie Sansone tape only once so far but I did do the two mile walk. Wednesday and Friday I swam 30 minutes each time. That is a little over 1/2 mile for me. I taught the arthritis class and exercised with them on Friday also and I went horseback riding for 45 minutes on Thursday. I think half the exercise of horseback riding is getting me and the horse ready and then untacked again. Thanks for posting this challenge. I am headed for Seattle after Thanksgiving and this was perfect.