I graduated from C25K this morning!!

Options
2»

Replies

• cmacphee3
    cmacphee3 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!! That is awesome. You must be so proud and don't you find it is amazing how far your body has come?!

I'm on Week 9, Day 2 today! I finished it and now I have one day left!!! I am going back to do it faster though because I don't actually make it the 5k.
  • leslie0422
    leslie0422 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    That is pretty awesome! I've been wanting to start the program, but I'm a complete chickensh*t... always fancied myself a "sprinter" not a "distance runner" (from my days of running pass patterns and around the bases), but have felt for a long time that incorporating a running program could really put me over the top for my fitness goals... Gotta get to it... so don't mind me if I try to glean some of your success as fuel for me getting 'off the couch' :)

You should give it a try. The program really does start you off slowly and gradually builds you up to running 3 miles. I loved it!
  • jwcomputergirl
    jwcomputergirl Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    It's a GREAT empowering feeling! Just knowing that you can do ANYTHING!
  • FrostyBev
    FrostyBev Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's an awesome accomplishment.

If you would like to work on improving your speed I'd suggest doing an interval work out at least once a week like on week 6 workout 2. Instead of just trying to make it through the 10 minutes of jogging try pushing your pace a little above your comfort zone. :)
  • alexroet
    alexroet Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    congrats! I'm on week 1 myself. I have always hate hate hated running, but.... this makes it seem do-able. I'm not out to set any speed records, but just to be able to do a 5k would be a major accomplishment. Way to go!
  • jp77379
    Options
    Congratulations! That is a terrific milestone.

I was very heavy when I started C25K and I was amazed at how well structured it was. It gave my body time to adjust, rebuild, but also kept pushing the envelope.

I would highly recommend that you pick up the Bridge to 10K app if you haven't already. The idea of that would have sounded nuts to me a few months ago but I am now 2 weeks away from finishing it. I peeled off 5.4 miles this morning.

One thing I have noticed about my running pace is that it is picking up SOOOO quickly but I'm completely not aware of it. I'm not trying to run faster, I just am. You are 100% right to focus on distance right now, not pace. Pace will come.

Happy for you! Congrats.
  • travel4fun
    travel4fun Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. Congratulations! I am stuck on week 4 due to being sick with bronchitis for about 2 weeks. I can't wait to get back into it again. It will be an amazing day when I complete the program. You should be so proud of yourself!
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm on Week 7, and it's nice to read your success story for a little motivation! You should definitely be proud! :smile:
  • gwild0r
    gwild0r Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    When I graduated c25k earlier this year, I was doing a 40 min 5k.. I am now finishing them in 25 mins. Speed comes with time an practice.. keep running! Keep setting goals..

Either way Congrats!! and welcome to the running family!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!