Beat the bloat please! Hellppppp.

Options
:(:(

Ladies (sorry guys TMI) it's about to be that time of the month.

And I have the Job Interview of the Year on Weds. and I can't afford new pants (nor do I want to buy "fat pants", thanks).

My stomach puffs after just brushing my teeth in the AM, I swear.

Please help. My interview is at 6:30 PM on Weds and I have to drive an hr to get there (it's in front of a committee, hence the hours) and I can't starve all day or anything.

I really need to lose a few lbs of this water weight to 1) feel better 2) not OVER eat from being miserable 3) be able to move around and 4) be able to get into clothes!

Luckily I drop a few of those water pounds during my period but that's...later.

Heeellllppppppppp.

I know I know. No ice cream or fun things. Drink water. No pasta, no pizza, no life.

I'm new to eating meat. Will chicken breast be ok?

Also - the only thing I can think of that I can eat that won't hurt is watermelon. :cry:

Replies

• maverickyanda
    maverickyanda Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    :(:(

Ladies (sorry guys TMI) it's about to be that time of the month.

And I have the Job Interview of the Year on Weds. and I can't afford new pants (nor do I want to buy "fat pants", thanks).

My stomach puffs after just brushing my teeth in the AM, I swear.

Please help. My interview is at 6:30 PM on Weds and I have to drive an hr to get there (it's in front of a committee, hence the hours) and I can't starve all day or anything.

I really need to lose a few lbs of this water weight to 1) feel better 2) not OVER eat from being miserable 3) be able to move around and 4) be able to get into clothes!

Luckily I drop a few of those water pounds during my period but that's...later.

Heeellllppppppppp.

I know I know. No ice cream or fun things. Drink water. No pasta, no pizza, no life.

I'm new to eating meat. Will chicken breast be ok?

Also - the only thing I can think of that I can eat that won't hurt is watermelon. :cry:
  • teetsel4
    teetsel4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Don't think of food as your enemy. Food can help you. Your right DO NOT starve yourself! Just eat healthy and exercise. Exactly what this site teaches. It should be no different if you have an interview or a b-day. Just keep it simple. Also for a little trick for the tummy thing.... Don't buy new pants, buy a shaper. It keeps all your parts that need a little help, looking smooth. Plus you feel and look great in your clothes.
  • maverickyanda
    Options
    Well yes I do have one of those body shapers from NY&Co. That helps. I can't afford to buy ANYTHING right now.

I don't want to starve - I just need to bust the extra water.

My fingers are even swollen in the morning.

:sad: :sad: :sad:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    hmm I think if you really lower your salt intake and increase the water you'll be in good shape...

but for an extra boost I think I'd try to eat fruit in the morning like watermelon ...taking its something you like?...(me too yum! not hard so far...) and of course water water water...green tea is suppose to be good too, as well as either egg whites and veggies or yogurt w/ some ground flax.

then I'd have something like white fish or chicken breast w/ salad or steamed veggies for lunches and dinners....watch the sodium so no sauces...maybe lemon juice...and that's probably not the worst thing you could do to eliminate sodium and bloat alittle boring perhaps!:ohwell: ....protein will fill you up and the veggies will help...I'm not a nutritionist just a gal who hates the bloat and this helps me some...hope it does for you too!

hugs good luck on your interview!
    ali
  • K.Ann
    K.Ann Posts: 37
    Options
    Try taking apple cider vinegar shots in the morning it definitely helps with bloat, I did a shot mixed with water in the morning for a week straight and lost 5 pounds that week and I know 3 of those was excess water weight from my monthly visitor. I had a horrible time retaining water on the BC pill and this has helped me. It could be a coincidence that I just started losing weight again after not losing at all when I started taking the apple cider vinegar, but I take it everyday now. Also I got a UTI a couple of months ago and my doctor told me to start taking shots of ACV once a day to regulate my PH and helps with not gettting UTI's.
  • maverickyanda
    Options
    hehe so i did have watermelon this AM

and 2.5 cups of green tea last night.

and this afternoon I HAD GOOD INTENTIONS but

i ate bread with my chicken sandwhich :(

and honey bbq sauce :(

so now i'm feeling it!

going to drink some peppermint/green tea combo and sit on the couch and "marinate" for a little bit. oops!

oh well...

out of watermelon, unfortunately. i think i'll make myself a low-cal frozen yogurt shake tonight with rice protein to help cool down, take an epsom salt bath and keep the fan going when i sleep.

wish me luck.

i just HAD to have the bun.

i did have more fruit, though, and plan on eating spinach with my grilled chicken tonight =)
  • maverickyanda
    Options
    Try taking apple cider vinegar shots in the morning it definitely helps with bloat, I did a shot mixed with water in the morning for a week straight and lost 5 pounds that week and I know 3 of those was excess water weight from my monthly visitor. I had a horrible time retaining water on the BC pill and this has helped me. It could be a coincidence that I just started losing weight again after not losing at all when I started taking the apple cider vinegar, but I take it everyday now. Also I got a UTI a couple of months ago and my doctor told me to start taking shots of ACV once a day to regulate my PH and helps with not gettting UTI's.
    Hmm - sounds gross. Apple cider vinegar - is that different from cider in a store?
  • K.Ann
    K.Ann Posts: 37
    Options
    It is gross, very nasty but does the trick. Its a kind of vinegar like you get in the seasonings aisle, most people would say get the stuff from a supplement store or health food store but I didn't know that and got the regular stuff from the grocery store.
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I get bad too around that time of month and it stays for a week and a half because I have an iud so no real period, it is awful. I stop all things with salt. I actually do just fruit all day with white tea( lipton peach papaya is great) to drink. Then salad and chicken at night. No sodium and the bloating will go away. Also midol helps with this. So extra fruit all day and no salt and blaoting goes away I Promise...

Alisha:happy: