Why am I always freezing now???!!!

Options
Since I've lost over 35 lbs I seem to be constantly cold. This is new for me, I mean, I'm the one with the big old fan in the office!!! Is this due to weight loss? Any one else having this issue and any idea as to why? Just wondering... tnx!

Replies

• HelenDootson
    HelenDootson Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I have lost 78lbs and I am freezing :(
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I am having the same issue. I went to my doctor for a physical last week, and my main concern was that I was lacking in something (iron maybe) that was causing it. He did a ton of bloodwork, all of which was fantastic. His opinion is that it is just because I have lost a lot of fat and my body is not used to regulating temp at it's new size yet. So hopefully it will get better. Winter is going to kill me this year, and I live in southeast Texas, so it's not even that cold !
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Less insulation!
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Yessss!! I used to ALWAYS be hot and now I am always cold :( I like what @Deb3129 stated though about the body losing fat and not used to regulatin temp in it's new size
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Yep, me too. I'm convinced it's a lack of insulation and your body hasn't reset your thermostat yet.
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I am freezing, being obese I never ever was cold could wear capri pants and flip flops all year, but now after losing 50 lbs can not get warm to save my life. I actually shiver ! All my bloodwork came back normal as well. Apparently lost my insulation layer. I need to go buy a winter coat never owned one. :noway:
  • luv_2_lift
    luv_2_lift Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yep, me too. 59 lbs down and same thing, I have to remember to carry a sweater everywhere now.
  • Pgonzal2972
    Options
    I have the same problem. I've lost 46.4 pounds and now I am freezing ALL THE TIME and can't ever get warm enough!! :frown:
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Me too. I sit in my office and its 72 in here (according to the thermo) and my hands are freezing. I actually shake sometimes. Im going to sneak in a heat blanket. But.....I would rather be cold than fat. lol
  • shonovo
    shonovo Posts: 104
    Options
    i am having the same problem! I am down 50 lbs (lost 20 before MFP) I am sooooo cold ALWAYS and bloodwork is also totally normal... guess less insulation... but it is such a funny adjustment- i was always hot before!
  • Ta2dchic20
    Ta2dchic20 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Yep. Me too, just brought a second heater into my office as a matter of fact. FREEZING, I cannot get warm.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I'm only down 33lb with 89lb to go and I am already a lot colder this year than I ever have been. I'm going to get instant frostbite every time I leave the house when I lose it all.
  • rubberbiscuit
    Options
    I've lost 67 pounds and I'm the same way now. Always cold. Before, I was the one sleeping with the windows open, and turning the heat in the house down. Now, I'm walking around wearing sweaters and complaining that I'm cold. I have less stuffing to keep me warm now.
  • tetracat
    tetracat Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I went camping this past weekend and I froze to death. Everyone made fun of me and said it wasn't that cold. I was wearing a turtleneck, sweater, hoodie, fleece jacket, and a winter jacket, with a hat and gloves and I was still cold. Last winter I only wore the fleece jacket the entire time. This is going to be a bad winter for me!
  • spa9177
    spa9177 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Same I am always COLD! I have 2 comforters on my bed and fannel sheets, and I have on sweats when I go to bed.
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    yep always cold.... roll on summer!! For now.. lots of herbal/fruit tea to warm me up! x
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I am more cold than I was before, but I have always had an issue with being cold. I have an underactive thyroid though and that is one side effect.
  • VeganZombie13
    Options
    Less insulation!
    this is right.....
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same trouble. And I'm pretty sure it's because I'm missing 'insulation'. :laugh:
  • fitnotfluffy
    fitnotfluffy Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I have this issue too! I'm always bundled up at work, and have a space heater under the desk!