Work Lunches

Options
I want to bring fun lunches to work and getting tired of basic sandwiches - I am thinking 300/350 calories max - any ideas out there?

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Salads, soups, wraps, veggies & dip, yogurt & fruit, leftovers from dinner.
  • km202
    km202 Posts: 112
    Options
    Wraps, salads (which you can top with practically anything from fruits, nuts, meats, veggies, ect), Tuna, chicken or egg salad with crackers, stir fry (lots of veggies, maybe a protein, rice or noodles, and whatever sauce you like).
    These are the kinds of things I tend to like for lunch.

Happy eating!
  • mmaayyaa
    mmaayyaa Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    if you need something quick and on the go, try Amy's Light and Lean line, particularly the swiss chard and polenta and the lasagna!
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    My favorite work lunch is giant salads with tons of veggies and some beans thrown in. I also do leftovers from the night before, or tostadas, or baked potatoes.
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    1 cups of beans with Salsa and greek yogurt.
  • junipearl
    junipearl Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    i keep a log of a bunch of my simple lunches (as well as easy snacks and dinners) if you want to get some ideas: symphonyofeats.tumblr.com

I bring lots of salads - hate lettuce so I bring cucumber and avocado, or spinach with feta, topped with some delicious low cal dressing
    plain rice cakes are a good alternative to bread or crackers - i top them with cheese or peanut butter
    i also really like hummus with veggies

=)
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Do you have a fridge and microwave or stove at work, or is it strictly sack-lunch?
  • _skittybang
    _skittybang Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mbue5gNRzx1rrbroco1_500.gif
  • bluelena
    bluelena Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    if you need something quick and on the go, try Amy's Light and Lean line, particularly the swiss chard and polenta and the lasagna!

Amy's is my go-to for lunch when I don't have leftovers to bring. I love Amy's breakfasts, too! Kashi also makes a few pretty good frozen meals as well.

While I try not to eat a lot of processed stuff, I've found that the "best" frozen meals come from Amy's, with Kashi a close second.

Also, not sure where you live, but in Texas we have My Fit Foods - pre-portioned, fresh, healthy meals. They can be pricey, but are good for when you want "something different". Try Googling "individual healthy meals" or something like that for your city.
  • Dunkelheit666
    Dunkelheit666 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    you are going to have a very hard time meeting that cal restriction if you include side items such as bread, mayo etc.

I eat JUST THE DELI MEAT and some fruit, pineapple mostly because it goes good w/ maple turkey breast i like. It is a very very light lunch, but i do a chobani at 10 am and an apple at 3 to get my through the day.

Hope this helps!
  • phillips0911
    Options
    My fav salad is about 200 calories. I add 1T Fat Free Feta, 1T craisins, 2T fat free croutons, 1 egg white, couple pieces of cucumber, sometimes bell pepper. I also use 2 cups spinach and about 1-2 of iceberg. It's huge and delicious. I use 2T fat free balsamic as dressing

I also love Flat Out flat bread to make a wrap with spinach, bell pepper, a psreadable laughing cow cheese wedge and sriracha hot sauce. I just load it with veggies

Low sodium soup
  • cbenno97
    cbenno97 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Winter is coming so soups can be a great low cal option. Check out this link for low calories soups! http://www.fatsecret.com/recipes/collections/nutrition/low-calorie/under-100-calorie/Soups.aspx
  • dr8679
    Options
    These are awesome!!! :))
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    My fav as of late - 1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese, apple sliced into bite size chucks...sprinkle everything with cinnamon and add about ten alomnds. DELICIOUS and very filling. All three macros.