Post pig-out strategy?

Options
After a candy binge in the middle of the night (the reasons for which are too complicated to go into here) I am about 1800 calories over the plan for this week. Should I divide that number by the remaining days in the week and try for a deficit of that amount each day, or just ignore the crime and move on?

Replies

• jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I say just start again today. We all do this - and learn to forgive ourselves and move forward.

Seems like deducting 1800 calories from the rest of the week may leave you way under your calorie goal, but I did not look at your diary.
  • jessicawrites
    jessicawrites Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I had a candy binge last night, too! I'm ignoring it and moving on.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    sleep
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Just move on. One bad day never killed anyone.

However, if you're already on a really low calorie diet, and then try to subtract another 300-400 cals from it over the next few days, that's a recipe for frustration. People go over 3 or 4 times in a week, get frustrated and give up on the whole thing all too often.
  • krickeyuu
    krickeyuu Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Move on. Start fresh today. Assuming you live to be 90 you have 12045 days to make it up.
  • lizsmith1976
    lizsmith1976 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Ignore it and move on. Don't reduce the amount of healthy food you would eat! Eat healthy food, maybe try and move your body more than you would have, and skip weighing this week. That many calories is only half a pound anyway. It happens to everyone. It happens to me a lot.
  • GodzillaR35
    GodzillaR35 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    ignore it and proceed,just make sure you go back to eating clean.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    A former WW leader told us to always go right back to our healthy eating plan the very next meal. If you try to make up for binges with restrictions, you are likely to end up in a binge/starve cycle.
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    Ignore it and keep going. Maybe try to fit in a few really good workouts this week to make up for it
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Learn from it. Eat right this afternoon, tonight and tomorrow. Repeat. Treat yourself once in a while so you don't feel deprived.

If it's stress, try to find ways to reduce it. Go for a walk, find a new hobby, clean house, drink a tall glass of water, chew gum, brush your teeth, exercise, talk to someone who will listen to you!

We all have bad days. Don't sweat it, learn from it and move on. You'll do better today.
  • lthames0810
    lthames0810 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I love it. What a liberating attitude!
  • favrow812
    Options
    Ignore it and move on. Everybody makes mistakes. Just pick yourself back up and brush it off. Today is a new day!!! :)
  • birdinho
    birdinho Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Get off your butt and burn 1800 more calories than you had planned this week!!!

Simple
  • whit461
    whit461 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up over it. Get a new puppy and move on!
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    I got over binging by really letting myself feel like crap about how much I just ate. Like really think about it, yeah it tasted good, but now I feel like crap. Do I want this to keep happening? Now if I want to go bake cookies in the middle of the night, I just think about how I'll feel after and it's much less appealing. I'll end up eating some strawberries or carrots and feel great in the morning.