Hello Everyone

Options
Hello, my name is jessica! I started fitness pal because I enlisted into the army and would like to get rid of some of my college weight before I get to basic training! Also my brother is graduating in may and I'd like to be in shape for his big day!!!! If anyone has any tips on exercises you can do at home! please do share! Good luck everyone!!!

Replies

• radioc
    radioc Posts: 6
    Options
    Hello Jessica

Welcome - and good for you. I wish you well not just in loosing weight but with the army. I spent 6 years in the army and loved it a really good experience. Basic training will shift weight so don't be worrying too much!!!!!! I would strongly recommend you start running it's a very good base before doing basic. You asked about home exercise............. I do Davina's dvd it's excellent and really gets you going.

Good luck with everything.

Caroline
  • Jessica_Laraine
    Options
    I really enjoy the cardio kickboxing class I go to twice a week. In fact, I got a bag to use at home because I like it so much. It gets really hard about halfway through, but when you are in a class, you don't want to be the only one giving up-so it helps motivate me to finish. Also, you can get "Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism" which is a Jillian Michaels dvd for $9 at Walmart and its a great combination of cardio and strength training and all you need is a mat and hand weights. Just a couple of ideas. Good luck!!
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    Hello, my name is jessica! I started fitness pal because I enlisted into the army and would like to get rid of some of my college weight before I get to basic training! Also my brother is graduating in may and I'd like to be in shape for his big day!!!! If anyone has any tips on exercises you can do at home! please do share! Good luck everyone!!!

Congrats on your enlistment! Whats your MOS?