brain food?!

hello all

im really new with count calories and watching how much i eat through the day. i do my exercises one time or twice in a day. and with my diary im not hungry! but my brain get tired¨

i mean sometimes is hard to concentrat me when i do regular stuff at home. i dont think its my age:laugh: :laugh:
so my question is there some brain energy/food or what i should change on my food diary?

im thankfull for some help and support with counting calories :flowerforyou:

starlet

Replies

• Are you sleeping well? Lack of sleep can effect your memory and concentration, and carrying extra weight can make it more difficult to get good sleep. (Ask me how I know :smile: )
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Supplementing with Omega 3 fish oil is never a bad move for my money.

Especially if you don't eat much naturally occurring Omega 3s like fresh fish (And who does? Very expensive ...).

(edit) Without sounding like a supplement nut, I've found magnesium can help with anxiety/sleep issues.
  • starletlove
    starletlove Posts: 53 Member
    i do sleep well normal. i do sleep 6-7h per night. and yes i know about to carring extra weight. but i feel good cuz i start finally to lose some weight. :laugh: is just my head whos tired. so maybe i should change something with my food.. idk.
  • starletlove
    Supplementing with Omega 3 fish oil is never a bad move for my money.

Especially if you don't eat much naturally occurring Omega 3s like fresh fish (And who does? Very expensive ...).

(edit) Without sounding like a supplement nut, I've found magnesium can help with anxiety/sleep issues.

yes fish is very expensive here in switzerland.... but i heard about magnesium... . is also good for ur muscles right?
  • tdbad1
    tdbad1 Posts: 87 Member
    TUNA

I know someone is gonna say something negative about this, but i swear it worked for me, ad still does.

Years ago, for some reason i went on a tuna obsession,lol..ate it every day for like a year. Not that i recommend that, but i noticed withing a month or so, i could rememberr everything. I mean everything. the job i worked at the time, the boss was always asking me have you seen...??? I wouldn't even know i had seen it but id tell him where it was. memory was so good that whatever i saw in passing would be remembered.

I don't eat near as much as i did then, but i still have a great memory.
  • starletlove
    TUNA

I know someone is gonna say something negative about this, but i swear it worked for me, ad still does.

Years ago, for some reason i went on a tuna obsession,lol..ate it every day for like a year. Not that i recommend that, but i noticed withing a month or so, i could rememberr everything. I mean everything. the job i worked at the time, the boss was always asking me have you seen...??? I wouldn't even know i had seen it but id tell him where it was. memory was so good that whatever i saw in passing would be remembered.

what for tuna u had, like in the lil cans or u cook with it?
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    what kind of work outs are you doing? Your daily calorie intake seems high to me...
  • _granola
    _granola Posts: 326
    You need to eat more. More fat, more fiber, more fuel. You are asking your body to run on less than it would doing absolutely nothing, and you claim to be working out 1-2 times per day, plus everything else you do in a day. Eat, eat, eat.
  • starletlove
    what kind of work outs are you doing? Your daily calorie intake seems high to me...

doin 1-2 times the insanity workout
  • starletlove
    You need to eat more. More fat, more fiber, more fuel. You are asking your body to run on less than it would doing absolutely nothing, and you claim to be working out 1-2 times per day, plus everything else you do in a day. Eat, eat, eat.

if i have to eat more, what a kind of food i should take? cuz wont just eat like i did before (unhealthy)
  • _granola
    _granola Posts: 326

if i have to eat more, what a kind of food i should take? cuz wont just eat like i did before (unhealthy)

Plenty of calorie-dense foods out there - avocados, bananas, nuts, nut butters, full-fat dairy products, etc. Eat more often if you need to and eat larger portions of the food you are already having.

Also, treats and going out to eat once in a while is not a bad thing. Having a cupcake or cookies sometimes does not mean you are eating "unhealthy."
  • starletlove

Plenty of calorie-dense foods out there - avocados, bananas, nuts, nut butters, full-fat dairy products, etc. Eat more often if you need to and eat larger portions of the food you are already having.

Also, treats and going out to eat once in a while is not a bad thing. Having a cupcake or cookies sometimes does not mean you are eating "unhealthy."

thx for ur help:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: , ill keep it in my mind and will have a look what i acually put in my daily food diary, nuts peanut butter:love::blushing: are a good idea and i think some dry fruits as well....
  • tdbad1
    tdbad1 Posts: 87 Member
    TUNA

what for tuna u had, like in the lil cans or u cook with it?

I just used tuna in a can...with water, and made tuna melts with it...they are my fav.
  • starletlove
    finally i got some "nuts" :laugh: and dried apples, figs, dattes and also i take some magnesium pouder too ( u know that u have to mix with water :happy:
    i "think" im on a good way now....

thank u all for ur help....
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member

doin 1-2 times the insanity workout
    I think your daily calorie intake seems low for the amount of exercise your doing. If those calorie burn estimates are accurate - I'd definitely try eating a bit more.