Healthy Coupons--

Options
I don't know about y'all, but I am on a BUDGET-- but I still want to eat healthy.

Recently I've started to hunt for coupons.

The problem with mailers is that you get what you get and I only use a few if any of them.

That's where my new favorite website comes in: The Coupon Clippers! http://www.thecouponclippers.com/coupons/home.php

They have TONS of coupons, organized by category, and you can pick & choose which you want, and how many, and they will send them to you. There is a small handling fee per coupon-- think someone else clipping and organizing them and mailing them out, worth the ten, fifteen cent a piece to me-- and they'll be in your mailbox within a week, usually (For the USA)

They just posted a coupon for 55 cents off ONE pouch of Starkist Tuna-- which is already cheap anyway-- and I just bought ten, myself.

I started this thread so I could share stuff like this that I come across in my hunt to save and eat well, and if someone like-minded is interested they can take part, too.

Replies

• wwmorrow
    wwmorrow Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    How many coupons do you have to buy though? I looked into one of those sites awhile back, and you had to have so big of an order before they would send them...
  • auntdeedee87
    auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    How many coupons do you have to buy though? I looked into one of those sites awhile back, and you had to have so big of an order before they would send them...

It has to add up to 3.94 total, I believe.

Once I got to looking though, that was no problem. I also got coupons for juice, Compleat meals (guilty pleasure), my favorite fabric softener, my favorite brand of tampons, bagged veggies, and canned fruit, etc-- Stuff I was already going to buy, and $4 is about what I would spend on one of those things alone.

Totes worth it.
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    commonkindness.com has coupons for all kinds of organic foods.
  • auntdeedee87
    Options

Oooh, checking that out now. Thanks!
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I find coupons to be a good source of fiber, but otherwise nutritionally sparse.
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I rarely find a coupon I can use. I save by buying seasonally, cooking from scratch, and buying lots of beans, grains and nuts in the bulk bins at the natural food store. That's also the way I buy spices and that's way cheaper, too.
  • auntdeedee87
    Options
    I find coupons to be a good source of fiber, but otherwise nutritionally sparse.

You sir get 5 points.
  • crazybonnie
    Options

Thanks for mentioning it. I always search for organic food coupons, but never found a reliable source for it yet.