Morning Star Chicken (less) salad - YUMMIEZ!

Options
SO i've started creating salads lately that also had some sort of low fat protein. I get bored with the same ole foods so i attempt to be creative when i can.
My salad consisted of:

raw baby spinach,
romaine lettuce,
50% less fat bacon bits,
1/2 serving croutons,
1 ounce cut up CABOT 75% fat free sharp cheese,
2 raw baby carrots sliced thinly,
1 tablespoon Kraft Anytime LITE ranch dressing,
1 ounce mustard and some hot sauce.
1 Morning Star Chicken(less) patty

I toasted the Morning Star Chicken patty to total crispiness in my toaster oven. Then cut it up over all of the other salad ingredients and mixed well. YUM! This is also good if you toast a Morning Star Black bean meatless patty and use it instead of the Chicken patty.
there are areas for substituting for those of you who can not use the lite ranch and obviously if you are not a hot sauce person dont use that either. I try to avoid creamy dressings but one serving is not so bad.
If you check out my foods for the day on my profile you can see the total cals/fat, etc.

Replies

• stacygb
    stacygb Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Sounds Yummy! I love Moringstar Farms Products. My favorite are the Grillers! My kids call them "soil burgers" and they love them too!
  • runs_in_heels
    runs_in_heels Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    looks great!

i am OBSESSED with the morning star chik patties.. (the strips are also good!)
  • eknobbe
    eknobbe Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Bump!! Looks great! Those Morning Star products are tasty!!
  • limesublime
    limesublime Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Drooling! Thanks for sharing
  • bluelena
    bluelena Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I do this too, with the Quorn products - they have a similar breaded chicken patty and then also "naked" cutlets which are similar to grilled chicken. MMMM.
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    me too - love the chicken patty from MS!!!
  • meredith1123
    Options
    I really wish i could bump out the one tablespoon of the lite ranch by using lemon juice or something natural instead but i just cant! But seeing how only use half a serving, i dont think its killing me. the salad was still under 350 calories and it was a huge plateful!
  • meredith1123
    Options
    Stacy - those Grillers are really good also. Have you actually tried to throw one on a grill? they are really good like that!