How do you calculate calories burned for ab exercises?

Options
I always do at least 20-30 minutes worth of ab exercises after my treadmill and workout but I don't know how to calculate the calories that I burn from those? Any suggestions?

Replies

• hungrymarathongirl
    hungrymarathongirl Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I log them under "calesthenics". Not sure if I get an accurate amount of calories burned, though.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    You don't.
  • 1harleygal
    1harleygal Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    :smile: Go to Excercise and under "Stair-treadmill ergometer, general" I enter what my treadmill says for calories burned. For sit ups you can enter your time under "Calisthenics, home, light/moderate effort" and will give you your calories burned.
  • mford8009
    Options
    Thanks so much!! I did just look at the Calisthenics and that is better than nothing!! For the past few days I havent been putting anything but treadmill calories burned even though i knew i had burned calories from the other exercises but now i can!!! Thanks again!!!
  • kingking
    kingking Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Buy a heart-rate monitor (or Body Bugg) and let it track your workout...that's what I do.
  • mford8009
    Options
    I might just have to try that too!! I never thought about that!! Thanks!!!
  • justmary4cm
    Options
    I don't add for the floor ex I do after cardio - I figure it is just an extra "cushion" for calories because let's face it, it is impossible to be exactly on with your calorie counts every day.

M
  • mford8009
    Options
    Well that is what I have been doing but i just would like to know!!! Thanks!!! A cushion just might be the thing i need to do!!