Polar: FT4 or FT7?

Options
2»

Replies

• junebaby21
    junebaby21 Posts: 260 Member
    Options

I have the FT4 and I'm really happy with it. Since I'm using MFP, I really had no interest in using the auto feature for the Polar site and that was the tipping point that made me go for the FT4 over the FT7. At the time I was looking the cost difference was about $20.

I use it only during workouts and then log the info into MFP. An HRM isn't really made for tracking your heart rate over the course of a day, and I've heard that it can be unreliable if you're out of "the zone" although I don't have any experience with that.

That is helpful, thanks!
  • junebaby21
    junebaby21 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I´ve had the F4 since 2006 and I love it, it`s simple and straight forward and that`s a plus for me. I just put it on and go work out, then track calories and voila! Maybe somebody who loves gadgets and “studying” all the features would get a better use of the F7, but as I`m a simpler person and really wouldn´t bother to read a 30 something page catalog I prefer the simpler version!
    Keep up posted with what you get finally!

Thanks for the information! I appreciate it!
  • AlissaAngelo
    AlissaAngelo Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have had an F4 for YEARS and only wanted it to gauge what my calorie burn was during workouts and it gave me just that. I found mine to be fairly accurate when I started using a BodyBugg and compared the two. Mine just died last month and I'm missing it. I will definitely be buying another one... better color options available now too... I could only get blue back when I bought mine and I see they have pink now. Giddy! :)