Belly Burners?

Options
Any life altering recommendations for burning belly fat? Whether they be foods or exercises- I want your secrets! :smile:

Replies

• sleitner
    sleitner Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Me too, please share :smile:
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    Excercise? Unless you're talking about a six pack, and then it's a numbers game with your diet lol.
  • MattDustin
    MattDustin Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce, it's 100% diet and exercise. Do cardio, eat clean meals every few hours, low carbs, high protein... Working out helps too, because extra muscle will burn calories at rest, so do some resistance training. That's the hardest spot to burn fat, just stick with it and be consistent, and it will eventually come off! If you're stuck losing weight, try dropping your caloric intake, or increasing your cardio.

Another thing you can do is High Intensity Interval Training. You should read up on it, but basically, HIIT is short bursts mixed in with cardio, for example, you could jog for 90 seconds, then sprint for 30, then jog for 90, then sprint... and keep repeating that. Really revs up your metabolism and fat burning, much quicker than regular cardio!
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    I just keep reminding myself of the saying "Abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym." Not a specific food--but eating good, clean food and eating frequently to keep the metabolism up. HIIT, however, is a great way to maximize the time you do spend in the gym.
  • caityjean
    caityjean Posts: 40
    Options
    "Abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym."

That's adorable! Little sayings like that really help me in moments of weakness and this one is PERFECT. Thanks so much!
  • sdwelk11
    sdwelk11 Posts: 825
    Options
    You can't spot reduce, it's 100% diet and exercise. Do cardio, eat clean meals every few hours, low carbs, high protein... Working out helps too, because extra muscle will burn calories at rest, so do some resistance training. That's the hardest spot to burn fat, just stick with it and be consistent, and it will eventually come off! If you're stuck losing weight, try dropping your caloric intake, or increasing your cardio.

Another thing you can do is High Intensity Interval Training. You should read up on it, but basically, HIIT is short bursts mixed in with cardio, for example, you could jog for 90 seconds, then sprint for 30, then jog for 90, then sprint... and keep repeating that. Really revs up your metabolism and fat burning, much quicker than regular cardio!

My friend and I do this on the treadmill everyday. It seems to confuse your metabolism so you continue to lose weight... Plus it makes it more fun and it makes the workout time go by faster...
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    My friend and I do this on the treadmill everyday. It seems to confuse your metabolism so you continue to lose weight... Plus it makes it more fun and it makes the workout time go by faster...

It definitely does!!! I do this because I can't run very long. I end up super sweaty and exhausted with wobbly legs once I'm done and that to me = a GREAT work out!!! :)
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Ooo I do intervals on the elliptical machine! I must be doing something right.

"Abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym." That is a cute quote, I'll have to remember that!