40 pounds....gone!

Options
lauras777
lauras777 Posts: 237 Member
Well I haven't posted a success story in a while, so I guess it's time! :happy:

Today is my 304th day of consecutive logging...nope, didn't miss a day! :drinker:

My original weight goal was 165 (from a starting weight of 205) I changed that a few months ago down to 150 after seeing that I still have a way to go to get to where I want to be.... so this 40 pound loss gets me to that original goal weight, which at the time seemed IMPOSSIBLE that I would ever get there!! But here I am....40 pounds lighter, much happier with my overall health/well being and of course loving having to go buy new (way smaller) clothes!!! :laugh:

Just wanted to put some motivation out there for those at the beginning of their journey to lose weight...it CAN be done....but it will take time and determination on your part to make it happen! And of course great motivating friends on MFP!! :wink:

So far I have gone from a US size 18/20 pants XL top, to a size 10 jeans, and a Medium top! We will see in 15 more pounds if that is a good place for me or if I want to go a little smaller.....(BTW I'm 5ft. 3in)

Thanks for all your support and motiviation MFP friends!!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• denisemc1407
    denisemc1407 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Very encouraging! Congratulations -- you look great!! :smile:
  • llmcconnell
    llmcconnell Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Great job on your weight loss! So you are 165 pounds right now and want to lose another 15?
  • noirnatural
    noirnatural Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • sandkrain
    sandkrain Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Nice job! Congrats. If you don't mind sharing -- what have been your calories? exercise? cheat days??! THANKS
  • lauras777
    Options
    Great job on your weight loss! So you are 165 pounds right now and want to lose another 15?

Yes, that's the plan right now....still puts me in the "overweight" category on the BMI scale....but I'll see when I get there how it feels....
  • lauras777
    Options
    Nice job! Congrats. If you don't mind sharing -- what have been your calories? exercise? cheat days??! THANKS

Since day 1 I have been set at 1200 calories, I exercise almost every day for at least 30 minutes ( usually on the elliptical - or outside walking/running). I eat back my exercise calories daily, and really haven't had a "cheat" day....I eat what I want, just in moderation so that it fits into my calories for that day...

I typically exercise in the evening, so if I went a little over on the calories, I do more exercise to even it out.
  • lauras777
    Options
    Very encouraging! Congratulations -- you look great!! :smile:

Thanks!! :happy:
  • capricorn27
    Options
    :happy: I think your story is very inpsirational. I am also 5"3 but I weigh more that 205. My goal is to lose 100lbs of my current weight. I am excited about my new healthy venture and appreciate you sharing your success. Thank you again!!!!
  • BsHoneyBee
    BsHoneyBee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success... Look forward to seeing the next post about you losing your last 15lbs. Keep up the good work
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic cupcake!!!
  • lauras777
    Options
    :happy: I think your story is very inpsirational. I am also 5"3 but I weigh more that 205. My goal is to lose 100lbs of my current weight. I am excited about my new healthy venture and appreciate you sharing your success. Thank you again!!!!

Best of luck to you!!! It CAN be done!!! :flowerforyou:
  • zannyzanzanzibar
    zannyzanzanzibar Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! Congrats! You look wonderful :)

I've also reached my original goal that once seemed impossible, but I've now readjusted my goal to 150, same as you! Good luck getting there.. you can do it!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!