Hello!

Options
Hey I am quite new to this. I just started yesterday. The app is amazing and such a huge help.

I didn't realize how much of my daily calories went to sauces and such.

I am going on 22, and while I don't really *need* to diet I have noticed I have put on some weight, probably from being in a happy relationship where I get praised for my cooking every night.

My father recently commented on my growing butt and here I am. I was at a healthy weight before and I have always had a normal BMI.

My goal is just to tone my body and keep within a normal BMI while being more conscious about what I am putting into my body. Then hopefully I can avoid trouble in the future!

Replies

• yowza101
    yowza101 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Welcome. It's wonderful being on here and like you said to see how many calories are in our basic foods are amazing. It helps me to stay on track. But when I have an off day, it makes me more conscience the next time. Feel free to add me as a friend. You will have more positive feedback on here, it will make your head spin...hahahahahaha. Congratulations on your new adventure on getting healthy.
  • Rangarth
    Rangarth Posts: 121
    Options
    A ot of good tasting and healthy recipes out there. I do a lot of cooking and all the shopping.
  • kookeepup
    Options
    Hi Amanda ad welcome to MFP! Good for you for staying ahead of the game. I wish I had thought of doing the same thing you're doing when I was your age, but alas... well it's never too late anyway :smile: Feel free to add me if you wish. I am on here off and on throughout the day and would love to help encourage you when you need it. But definitely, this app has helped tremendously become more mindful of what I eat throughout the day. While I may have in the past not even care how much calorie I ate during meals, this has definitely helped me realize I was being a little piggy. But I'm back on track and feeling good. A nice tone butt is attractive but not when there's too much junk in the trunk :blushing: so good luck to you and keep up the good work! :flowerforyou:
  • am1246
    Options
    I'm 66 and this weight lots thing just isn't working.
    It dosen't matter if I work out or not. The weight isn't changing.