Looking for some motivators/friends.

Options
I'm Portia. I've been on here since Sept. Some weeks I do really well and other weeks, I completely fall off track and gain the weight back. Just looking for some good motivating friends, that may also have some good advice on food/recipes that are easy to throw together, but low in calories, fat, and sugars.

Thanks! :)

Replies

• kookeepup
    Options
    Hi Portia and welcome back! Feel free to add me if you wish and hopefully I can offer you encouragement when you need it. I used to cook alot until I lost my home so now I don't really do any cooking but still have managed to eat healthy on most days lol... When I did cook, I used the turbo oven alot. My kids and I are big meat eaters so when I cook it in the turbo oven, it drains a good portion of the fat. I don't know if you are into meat but I noticed when I had cut back on my protein, I felt weak so it's all about balance of the different food groups. The only thing I've cut down on is my rice intake. The most I would have during a given week is between 1-3 cups of white rice. Otherwise, I substitute rice with vegetables. Good luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • jamielynn020610
    jamielynn020610 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm Portia. I've been on here since Sept. Some weeks I do really well and other weeks, I completely fall off track and gain the weight back. Just looking for some good motivating friends, that may also have some good advice on food/recipes that are easy to throw together, but low in calories, fat, and sugars.

Thanks! :)

Feel free to add me. :smile: I have posted some recipes on my blog that are very easy to make. Plus, you will see I am always on here and trying to help motivate my friends since they do such a good job with me. :happy:
  • Mindfreak1999
    Options
    Add me if you like, I also need motivating. Can also exchange tips!! :smile:
  • Cupcakey16
    Options
    I too need motivating!!! ADD me.. im on day 2!!! feeling great... i think! lol
  • rafqahachem
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I need some major motivation.
  • gyenyame6
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well; I only have 3 friends on MFP since I am new. I am also looking for positive motivators that I can be accountable to. I have a few recipes that are have some African influences that I hope you find enjoyable. Excited !!! Let's get it !!:smile:
  • desiree7hanson
    desiree7hanson Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Honestly I have found that finding healthy foods that I love that satisfy me has been key to sticking to a healthy diet. My meals don't vary too much, but this has helped me stick to my calorie goal and lose an average of 2 lbs/week. I don't exercise right now, as I wanted to get a good headstart on healthy eating first. So that just shows you how much diet really does affect weight (meaning even if you work out every day-if you still eat like crap, you won't make progress fast). Obviously takes A LOT of self dicipline, since I love fast food and pizza and would eat it every day!

Just find some meals you love that are easy to make. I don't cook much (at all!) so most of my go-to meals don't require cooking, or only about 2-3 min worth (eggs!). I also buy almost everything ready to go (examples: egg whites in a carton, frozen chopped spinach, bagged shredded cheese, canned fruit, etc) One of my favorite meals is 1/3 liquid cup egg whites w/1/4 cup chopped spinach with 1/8-1/4 cup shredded mozzarella on a wheat english muffin. This meets 4 food groups and fills me up and is so tastey! But I love breakfast type food. I also do a lot of lowfat cottage cheese with canned fruit like no sugar added peaches or pinapple chunks with 7 multigrain wheat thins and .5-1 tbsp crunchy peanut butter to spread on the wheat thins. This is also 4 food groups and very filling. I try to get multiple food groups so it is more balanced and satisfying. This has been key. It might not seem like too much, but I promise your body will get used to it after a couple of weeks, and then if you try to eat more or eat less healthy, you will feel sick!

If I want to splurge, I get a veggie sub no mayo from Jimmy Johns and that's the full meal-no chips. I do eat out from time to time, but not without looking at the menu ahead of time, finding something I want, finding nutritional info and figuring out if I can eat the whole meal at one sitting, or if I should split it in half or thirds and eat the rest the next day. Usually have to split it, but honestly, if I tried to eat a full dinner size dish, I would be so overstuffed.

Probably more info that you wanted, but there ya go! Good Luck!!!
  • 2b212
    2b212 Posts: 15
    Options
    feel free to add me :-)
  • monteymole
    Options
    Day three for me I need motivators too :) add me x
  • Mara_816
    Options
    PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ADD ME!!!! :):););) :0 :0 :0 :) ))) ) ) )
  • LoriA6724
    LoriA6724 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me. I'm looking for new motivating friends too. I think it makes a big difference with your success.
  • Ellastrong
    Ellastrong Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I keep going back and forth with staying on track, then totally letting myself go crazy. I would some encouragement too! :)
  • nonstopper
    nonstopper Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    ADD ME - feel free to do so! :)

All are welcome :drinker:
  • coiie
    coiie Posts: 2
    Options
    I would love to have motivators and friends on here. feel free to add me as well. sometimes i do really good and other times not so much. But i have a goal in mind and am determined to reach it. Good luck
  • cvillneauve
    Options
    Sending you a friend request! I have recently started cooking healthier meals that so far have tasted really great. I would love some more friends for positive support.
  • mfp_1
    mfp_1 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Here's a tip for people logging carefullly but progress is slow.

Buy a digital food scale. Cups are the devil's measure. They're inaccurate compared to a scale.