Before/During/Almost Afters; ~90lbs lost

Options
2»

Replies

• pikanchi
    pikanchi Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    @llmconnell -- 158cm :)

And honestly, eighteen months ago, being the size I am now seemed unimaginable. So if I can find it in me to stick with it and do it, I really think anybody can! And best of luck Juicykey31!
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    wow! amazing job!!
  • mcpherson4
    mcpherson4 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    So proud of you. You be proud of you! Beautiful.
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    fantastic way to go
  • lucywantstoloseit
    Options
    Looking absolutely amazing! x
  • joannathechef
    joannathechef Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Pretty darn amazing! - well done
  • moounir
    moounir Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I can see the difference and it's great. Congratulation.
    :o)
  • maryesser
    Options
    Great job! Congratulations on your success (and 'boo' to the jerk that was 'joking' with you about your appearance). It is an inspiration to see your story and I'm sure you have totally motivated a bunch of people with your post. Thank you :-)!!!
  • pikanchi
    Options
    Thank you! And in retrospect, I think he was (or is) just an exceptionally insecure person who tries to cover it up by being cruel to or about others. I always got the impression that his weight has a tendency to fluctuate (due to a dislike of exercise and a fondness for chocolate), and from remarks that he made about his own figure on occasion, I think it was more of an insecurity thing than anything else -- a kind of 'why should/how can anyone larger than me be happy'. It's just unfortunate that I didn't see it for what it (probably) was at the time! But we live and learn, and I'm in a far better place now!

It's still really weird to look at where I've come from and realise that yeah, I did do that, and to think that I could inspire others the same way. I used to browse MFP and look at the success stories and think 'oh, man... I want that, but can I manage it?'
  • BlueJue2
    Options
    You look like you were wearing a fat suit, I only say that because it looks like a completely different person. You have done a splended job!!!! BRAVO!!!!
  • pikanchi
    Options
    A fat suit! LMAO, thanks! And it does a bit -- it's remarkable, really, what a change being comfortable with yourself can make.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Well done! you've come a long way :)
  • divacat80
    divacat80 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Wow you still have to lose 19 pounds?! You look awesome already!!! Congratulations for the success!!! I know it's hard at first but when you start enjoying the battle it's so rewarding in so many ways :)

Do people still recognise you? ;D because I'm having trouble with that. I was even told i have to update my ID and driver's license and it sounds so surreal lol
  • dillydally123
    dillydally123 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    jeez you look awesome and your clothes are so freakin nice i kind of squealed when i saw the giraffe jumper :)
  • pikanchi
    Options
    @dillydally123 - oh, man, you have no idea how much I love that jumper! As soon as I saw it in the shop, I was like 'I MUST HAVE THAT.'

@divacat80 -- Thanks! And 19lbs is the most? Like, I still have a few lbs I'd like to lose, but if that ends up being five or six or seven instead of ten or twenty, then that's when I'll stop. I have no intention of losing more than that, and I need to focus, really, on getting my legs in a bit of a better shape! Toning. I swear, toning is harder work than losing weight in the first place!

And as for recognition... They don't, actually! I recently met up with a friend after a couple of months (maybe five-ish), and she admitted she didn't recognise me, and the wife of a co-worker, after I initially lost a lot of my weight (probably fifty or sixty pounds, I guess), she didn't recognise me and thought I was a new employee! It is really weird to think 'do I really look that different...?' because I can still see all the things that make me 'me', but obviously it's different for everyone else!

Although if I were you, there'd be a part of me that would be going 'No, I don't want to update my driving licence! That was me, but look at me n o w.' But that's really awesome that you're at that point too, congratulations!
  • Confettiiii
    Confettiiii Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Wow our stories are pretty close, I started losing most of my weight after my graduation in 2011, and I have a picture around that time of me in the same spotty dress you're wearing, topshop yeah? Congrats on all the good work!
  • kiangel
    kiangel Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    fabulous , loving your style , wishing I was young again lol
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    your a tiny thing now! go you!
  • PuffedMummy
    Options
    Brilliant accomplishment. There are already lots of lovely posts about your weight loss....

I will add that you clearly have a tremendous sense of person style - and your 'before' pictures show this as well. I image you have quite a creative brain, and this coupled with the motivation you've shown in losing so much weight over such a consistent effort will take you far.
  • kel665
    kel665 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work! Congratulations! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!