Impatient, but know I have to do this....

Options
Recently joined MFP and I am soooo wanting to have success just like many of you have. It has been an ok week (just joined on Sunday), but I am so afraid of giving up. Again. I took some pictures to keep track and was so disgusted by how I look. My husband recently lost about 45 lbs on his own and I admire how much self control he has, but a tiny litte part of me is jealous.... I want to lose weight so bad, but somehow, that desire leaves within a week or so...I realize everyone is different, but how long did it typically take to see a difference? I started walking again and my joints are not hurting as much...so a little change here and there... can someone actually lose weight if they commit to eating, say 1200 calories daily? I have had past success with Weight Watchers but not lately despite how much I worked out and ate well.. soI am hesitant because I don't want to fail again.

Replies

• kookeepup
    Options
    Hi there, you seem a little discourage at your progress but I really hope that you will stick with it. Like you said and you realize that everyone goes at their own pace. But the difference is the determination and the commitment you are willing to put into your own health. Men I think just loses weight without much effort. They stop drinking beer and bam weight is gone. At least this is what I've observed of my male coworkers. I've been on here for 55 days now, started out at 175 and now at 168. I'm giving myself time to lose the unwanted weight so I don't frustrate myself in the process. So what if everyone is seems to be losing weight alot faster than you, the point is you are losing your own weight in a healthy manner. I have tried weight watchers doing their point system but had only little success. What I'm finding out with MFP, is it helps you become more mindful of what you eat throughout the day. I can still eat the foods that I like but I just have to cut the portion down to size to accomodate my given calorie count which is 1240. So I hope you'll be patient and keep pushing yourself to continue this plan. Diet and exercise really works. Feel free to add me if you wish and hopefully I can give you the encouragement you need to succeed. :flowerforyou:
  • crystalsgoals
    crystalsgoals Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MVP. Its a great tool to make you aware of what your eating and the calories your eating every day. I love it... just being able to look up calories on the go is great too! I hear you on your frustration... I also get frustrated too. Last week my scale didn't move!!! Not up or down... which I guess is pretty good it didn't go up. But... I like to see some movement each Friday when I weigh myself. I have thyroid issues - take medication - so my metabolism is a lot slower than normal people without thyroid problems (like Oprah). So I know it will take me alot longer than most to see the scale move... but I keep telling myself to be patient (then laugh) and keep going. I must say walking everyday (Mon-Fri) really helps me feel much healthier. I took a second walk this morning up to the store... I am going to reduce my max to 1000 calories a day... and see if that helps. I lost 2.5 lbs the first week - then last week nothing... so hopefully by reducing my calories down it will help.
    Keep positive and you will see a difference... You can do it!!! Just keep positive and having friends on here helps inspire you too!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mfp, I am glad that you found this site. This site is helpful in learning about what you eat...it puts things into perspective about what and how much you are eating. Walking is a great way to get out and burn some calories. I think that we all get frustrated from time to time. The trick is to keep at it and it will show. Feel free to add me for support and motivation.
  • schmit06
    Options
    Thank you so much for your posts and friend requests... I think this will be the main key in sticking with it this time....